Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

My 2000 S500 developed this problem very recently. The engine is running great and strong, the transmission as well. However, I have no problemgoing all over the rpm as long as I don't hit the little kickdown button under the accelerator pedal. Let say I am driving on the highway, I can use the "steptronic" shifter, put it in 3rd and hit the pedal to the floor (without touching the kickdown button) and it will push strong all the way to the top rpm. I can do that on any gear at anytime, even from a standstill start. However, if I press the accelerator too hard and hit the kickdown button, the car goes into a limbo mode. What I mean is, it seels like the accelerator pedal is about 3-4 seconds late and give only 50% of power to the engine (opens the throttle body half way only, even if I am at the floor). It feels like the response is very very very slow and weak. Now, If I shutdown the car, and restart immediately, everything gets back to normal...

Plugs are new and car has 100K...

Thanks

·
Registered
W210.265/2001, W220/S500/2000, Porsche 997 C2S/2006, GMC K1500/1992
2,157 Posts
Replace the acceleration actuator unit behind the gas pedal.

·
Registered
2002 S430
29 Posts
You need to replace the gas pedal ( it has the actuator ). Very simple DYI, 2 bolts to remove and then unplug the electronic harness/plug, pedal comes out. Install new one, and you are good to go.
Hi,

My 2000 S500 developed this problem very recently. The engine is running great and strong, the transmission as well. However, I have no problemgoing all over the rpm as long as I don't hit the little kickdown button under the accelerator pedal. Let say I am driving on the highway, I can use the "steptronic" shifter, put it in 3rd and hit the pedal to the floor (without touching the kickdown button) and it will push strong all the way to the top rpm. I can do that on any gear at anytime, even from a standstill start. However, if I press the accelerator too hard and hit the kickdown button, the car goes into a limbo mode. What I mean is, it seels like the accelerator pedal is about 3-4 seconds late and give only 50% of power to the engine (opens the throttle body half way only, even if I am at the floor). It feels like the response is very very very slow and weak. Now, If I shutdown the car, and restart immediately, everything gets back to normal...

Plugs are new and car has 100K...

Thanks

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi,

Today, i did get that problem again but now I got a CEL ? I don't have a scanner for codes nor someone close to me does... Can it still be the gaz pedal unit even if I have a CEL ?

Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts