Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
1981 300 C D Bot with 14K miles.
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this car for full price without a picture. I didn't want white. I wanted a turbo, but i offered full price over the phone and picked the car up last Thursday.

1981 300 cd coupe - $11000 (west seattle)
Date: 2010-11-03, 4:33PM PDT

1981 mercedes 300cd 2dr coupe, white with tan leather interior,sun roof. 14k origional miles , one owner always garaged - must see to appreciate- for appointment call ron 602 xxx-xxxx

·
Registered
1984 300D
492 Posts
You spent eleven thousand dollars on a 1981 unseen car that the seller claims only has fourteen thousand miles? Did you have a pre-purchase inspection done? Are there maintenance records available to verify the mileage? That is pretty hard to believe. I for one would love to see some pics after you take possession of it. I really hope this turns out well for you.

·
Registered
1981 240D
185 Posts
I would literally be dead right now. My wife would have gone into my gun safe, retrieved any gun and shot me.

·
Registered
'83 300D
638 Posts
Serious amount of blind faith in this buy.

I second photos of the car, and if maintenance records are included.

·
Registered
1981 240D
185 Posts
Yes, we definitely look forward to the photos. For the PO to have the audacity to charge that much, it must be in almost brand-newish condition. I would expect maintenance records for every single oil change. Was it owned by someone famous?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I went to the bank and got 11,000 cash...

I told the teller i wanted the wrappers to make it easier to count. She got a 10,000 dollar wrapper. I told her that would not make it easier. :) So she gave me 1000 dollar wraps around the bills. :thumbsup:

I look at the car. I gave him the cash. It was a gentleman's agreement. Two other people were interested but he told them he promised it to me and we had an agreement.

·
Registered
1981 240D
185 Posts
English Bulldog: We jest. In reality we REALLY hope you end up with a true gem. The important thing is that it is worth $11k to YOU. If the PO is an honest person and you are truly a discerning person, the joke will probably be on us. Good luck. Hope to see pics soon! I know I am going out on a limb by saying 'we' and 'us' because I don't speak for everyone on this forum, but I have come to know a lot of the personalities here over the years and I know this is a community of friendly and understanding people. No one likes seeing a fellow MB enthusiast getting ripped off or taken advantage of.

·
Registered
'84 SEC EuroCoupe, '85 200T EuroWagon, 2012 Nissan Maxima SV Sport
3,172 Posts

·
Registered
1983 240D, 1974 240D
501 Posts
thats a LOT of money for one of these cars in any condition. I hope it was worth it to you. We also need pics. This is an odd thread, im trying to figure out if you are happy it cost so much, or if you are displeased, or what.

·
Registered
1998 E300, 2006 R350
491 Posts
This is a very intruiging thread. Sure has me captivated. But as it is said...........................'Without pics, it never happened'.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I didn't take pictures

I didnt take any pictures and the car is still in Seattle.

I paid for it first to keep the verbal agreement and then took it to Phil Smart Mercedes on Pike Street for an inspection. The service person asked me how long i owned it....I said 15 minutes.

I went to a movie. Then next mornng I got on an airplane back to LAX.

I have to get a quote to haul it down from Seattle to Orange County, CA.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
I didnt take any pictures and the car is still in Seattle.

I paid for it first to keep the verbal agreement and then took it to Phil Smart Mercedes on Pike Street for an inspection. The service person asked me how long i owned it....I said 15 minutes.

I went to a movie. Then next mornng I got on an airplane back to LAX.

I have to get a quote to haul it down from Seattle to Orange County, CA.
Roadtrip!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.