Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
I'm not feeling the "bling bling" look. You should have gotten a set of AMG Monoblocks. Those chrome rims are not fit for a Benz, and ruin the elegance of the W124. How could you pick such an ugly rim for your car?

[;)]

JUST KIDDING!!!

Those rims are pretty classy. Do they have a lip on them? Are you running 225/40/18 tires? I think the White car with chrome rims will look very tasteful. I applaud your rim choice, now you will have to add a nice exhaust tip to complete that sporty look (if you don't already have one). Keep those chrome wheels shining!

·
Registered
88 Benz 260E
534 Posts
Those chrome rims are not fit for a Benz, and ruin the elegance of the W124. How could you pick such an ugly rim for your car?

You took the words right out of my mouth. ...What I find ironic is the term bling bling has been degraded to anything big, cheap & chrome. Bling bling style was meant for ballas
and the gleam from the diamonds and platinum not for cheap $600 chrome rims. A dime a dozen, what can I say but ghetto-fabulous. Throw any chrome rims on and think you're ball'n..hahah what a joke..

" if it's to hot stay out da kitchen "

~Cali

·
Registered
95 E320 Coupe, 11 E350 4Matic P2
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Mike I really like them, but I can't afford AMG's..

Cali!
hehe I know this is an open thread forum and opinions are opinions
but listen I saw your rims man so dont even get me started so I'll just ignore what you said.

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
I can't afford AMG's..
AMG Monoblocks's !! Who made those rims the "standard" for a Benz? The AMG Monoblock's are just highly overrated. Thats the reason I decided to not get them. They are on almost every MB,and you blend right into the crowd with them. If you find a rim that you like, I applaud that. You know why? because you had the creativity to find a nice looking rim that fits your standard. This is a public forum, blah blah blah, but if you don't have something nice to say, then don't say anything at all.

·
Registered
E500, C43 AMG, E280
328 Posts
I agree go with what you like, because its your car and your going to be driving it!!

I like AMG's but I too realised everyone had them and I think BBS look more aggresive on my E500! Nice rims by the way!

·
Registered
88 Benz 260E
534 Posts
vili1982 - 4/12/2005 12:51 PM

Cali!
but listen I saw your rims man so dont even get me started so I'll just ignore what you said.
You have nothing to say about my rims.If you do they're from a case of sour grapes. Did I hurt you feeling awww group hug. This is a open forum so when you post pics be prepared for the good & bad. If you're not mature enough to deal with it, don't post.

I like many others on here dealt with the criticisms both negative and positive in a mature manner. Now suck up your bottom ,lip dry your tears ,and slap on them cheap ugly rims..

~Cali

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
no comment..
obviously this thread shows who's not mature enough since you are starting an internet fight with someone you dont even know.

so take a deep breath go for a ride and enjoy your nice cali weather.

·
Registered
1994 E320
1,730 Posts
Guys, come on, we're all pals here! What brought us together in the first place is our common love for our cars, and let's not forget that! We're here to help each other, not fight with each other over who wants to fit what on a 124 and where. I like to believe that we're all mature gentlemen and ladies. I, for one, got so much scorn (especially from Cali [:D]) for wanting to fit old 15" bundt cake rims on my 124, but hey, it's my car, and I like those wheels (I still can't find them anywhere though) and still want to have them.
Vili, I wouldn't have chosen those particular rims, and then again not with that particular finish. Power to you. Cali, I like the rims you have on your car, but I just happen not to like five-spokes. But it's your prerogative to fit them on your car, and I, for one, respect that.
So, chill out, people!

Shady

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
88300e - 4/12/2005 8:22 PM

I thought that it was only in the U.S. that people put $1500. rims on a $500. car. Good luck with the rim change.
hehehe
I dont get it where do you get the $500 from?

·
Registered
1987 Mercedes 300e
400 Posts
guys guys... relax. no need to bash eachother around. rims are justa thing of taste. not everyone likes them. i actually like them. they are a change of the regular. but all this hate coming from my fellow benzworld people have made me sad. we are a family. and as a family ( caring one ) we shouldn't put eachother down like that. sure it may happen once in a while, but we should just talk rationally and point out why we don't like it. there is no need to say " YOUR **** SUCKS ASS CUZ ITS TOO BIG AND DOESN'T GO WITH THE CAR, GET MONOBLOCKS DUMB***!!" please, lets be a family again guys...

·
Registered
1994 W124 E320 1997W140 S320(RIP),1993W140300SE(RIP),2000W208CLK320(RIP) , 1993 W201 190E 2.6 (RIP),
1,821 Posts
CaliE320 - 4/12/2005 4:22 PM

vili1982 - 4/12/2005 12:51 PM

Cali!
You have nothing to say about my rims.If you do they're from a case of sour grapes. Did I hurt you feeling awww group hug. This is a open forum so when you post pics be prepared for the good & bad. If you're not mature enough to deal with it, don't post.

I like many others on here dealt with the criticisms both negative and positive in a mature manner. Now suck up your bottom ,lip dry your tears ,and slap on them cheap ugly rims..

~Cali
This thread should have been titled "Irony". All of us, sitting on rims, been hated on for our rims, then turn around and hate on the next man for their rims. Geesh. Now, with that said, let me get my hate on

Cali, you do come off like an ass for no reason in this post. Also, your "just for show" rims with the waaay too small tire, even if "just for show", AIN'T any of "all of that". Your car is quality work, (grill, lights, paint) but you seem to think your the end-all of how to turn out a Benz, and you are simply not. Plus, the one REAL set of rims that you do have, the Carlsson's, you ruined by slapping them on a toy ass, business mom ass ML-Class. Sorry. Like you said, suck up your lip and take it, AND take it from someone one sittin' on authentic AMG Monoblocks AND your very same Carlssons.

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
Cali, you do come off like an ass for no reason in this post. Also, your "just for show" rims with the waaay too small tire, even if "just for show", AIN'T any of "all of that". Your car is quality work, (grill, lights, paint) but you seem to think your the end-all of how to turn out a Benz, and you are simply not. Plus, the one REAL set of rims that you do have, the Carlsson's, you ruined by slapping them on a toy ass, business mom ass ML-Class. Sorry. Like you said, suck up your lip and take it, AND take it from someone one sittin' on authentic AMG Monoblocks AND your very same Carlssons.
WOW!!
I THINK HE'S MADE A VALID POINT THERE FELLAS!!
[:eek:)]

BTW: I will say it again, I REALLY LIKE THOSE CHROME WHEELS!!

·
Registered
570 Posts
RE: I bought rims!!! - good for you vili1982

Those rims remind me of some of the old-style AMGs, except for the chrome. Wasn’t there an ancient AMG wheel that looked a lot like vili1982’s rims? I am not a chrome guy, but there certainly are plenty of chrome wheels out there. I think Mercedes even offered chrome as an OEM option on some W124 models, so it isn’t necessarily such a bad thing. Just tell everyone that you love your rims and they are “classic� AMG rims that were chromed.

As for CaliE320, I think he does have a tendency to be a little harsh and judgmental with his comments. I bet he is a lovable teddy bear at home.

·
Registered
88 Benz 260E
534 Posts
*sigh I guess all the Tri Lams stick together.
Lamda Lamda Lamda...Akvig you just sound like a hater. That's one mama a$$ ML more then you have in your garage, so enough said on that one.As for the small tire comments I've heard them before, sucked it up and went on my business. Instead of whining about it and seeking sympathy..
Ironic to the amount of private messages and emails I get from other board members on how they're in agreement with me. You guys know who you are. Don't get mad becuzz I have the balls to say what's on everybody's mind instead of kissing a$$ and telling everybody what they want to hear.We passed that phase in life it was called kindergarden. Now if Vili is still emotionally attached to his Neon nite lite on his dash and
cheap chrome rims that's his right after all that is his car. But I also hold the right to clown and ridcule his obvious lack of good taste as well as half hearted attempt at being a baller.
With a few exceptions on here another thing I'm tired of hearing is " I chose these rims to be different"
When in fact it boils down to you were to cheap to shell out for better rims. If you were tight on cash just say it but don't play it off as if you're trying to be original. Be honest to yourself & stop the BS'n and maybe others will treat you with respect.

~Cali

·
Registered
Chevy Monte Carlo SS
189 Posts
Well, as far as I am concerned, I bought my rims due to my personal taste. I spent a lot of money into my 300E, and a set of $800-$900 AMG Monoblocks are nothing compared to what I spent on my 300E. I bought my rims because I liked them. Really, my paint job, E320 conversion, Xenon upgrade, Euro headlights, sound system, and a host of other mods I did, overshadows those Monoblocks. If I really wanted them, I would have bought them.

People ask why I did the E320 facelift, my car was never involved in an accident, and the insurance company did not pay for it. I bought ALL the compenents NEW, and had them installed. I did not skimp on my ride. Do it right, or don't do it at all. I also did that with my Monte Carlo. I added the custom ground effects, 20 inch black wheels, Double DIN headunit, Xenon in headlights and Foglights, custom painted engine cover, and a lot of other goodies. So, i'll take it that you weren't referring to me. [;)]

BTW: I'm no baller!! I just love cars, they are my passion.

·
Registered
88 Benz 260E
534 Posts
Like I said Mike you are one of the few exceptions, and you hit the nail on the head..

. "I did not skimp on my ride. Do it right, or don't do it at all."

That's what it boils down to..If you skimp it shows so be prepared to get clowned. You have two options

1)Be a man and suck it up

2) Take the advise and do it right..

~Cali

1 - 20 of 36 Posts