Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Lots of collector cars from the 50's to present
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is what I bought. I have had a Borallo red with Savanah CL 600 2011 but I went nuts when I saw this on the sight. I didn't even know they came like this. The pearl overlay is amazing and the color is beyond anything I have ever seen. I think it is a knock out. Here it is. The only draw back is since it is a Designo and a 65 Series it will take 7 months to get. ARGHHHH. The steering wheel will be the stone pearl to match the rest of the inlay.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the W217 I think they will call it that. Should I wait? I cant decide if I like the older one better or the newer one. Please advise

·
Registered
2008 MB CL550, 2000 MB S430
16 Posts
Big Bullet you Bit There...

Here is what I bought. I have had a Borallo red with Savanah CL 500 2011 but I went nuts when I saw this on the sight. I didn't even know they came like this. The pearl overlay is amazing and the color is beyond anything I have ever seen. I think it is a knock out. Here it is. The only draw back is since it is a Designo and a 65 Series it will take 7 months to get. ARGHHHH. The steering wheel will be the stone pearl to match the rest of the inlay.

The car is beautiful. A little overdone for my tastes, but congrats! Its is NICE!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you but I'm not quite sure what you mean by overdone? It will be a Massive head turner

·
Registered
16 Posts
Don't get me wrong; I have NOTHING against the Designo edition. I just screams "Rapper" to me. Maybe I'm prejudiced because of the red leather. In any case, it is an AMAZING car, go for it and have fun!

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, I'm white as they come and I am I'm very conservative "Old Money" you would say. So, I'm anything but "Rapper". You might have a slight misconception about the Designo models. This car is far from "Ghetto/Rapper" or would ever be considered a "Ghetto/Rapper" car. I will admit most of the color combinations are very " Ghetto/Rapper" but the dark marron/ burgundy is far from that. It is very understated and elegant, I do understand your thoughts on it but with the color of the car the dark maroon leather looks amazing and is not far off from the Anthracite that it will be combined with.

·
Registered
16 Posts
HA HA White as the come... Ok

Well, I'm African American and have spent a fair amount of time around the entertainment industry (Hell Usher's Mom lives two house over from me), and the Designo editions fit in with what I see in the various "RIDES" and "DUB" magazines. That said, I love the car, just not for me. I'm probably a bit too conservative, and opted for the CL550 because I wanted something more traditional, that would "blend in" in traffic.

In any case, it is a VERY nice car, enjoy it. And sorry if I came off as insulting, that surely was not my intention. If you're ever in Atlanta, give me a buzz, would love to see "Scarlett" in person.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Thank you

Being born and raised in Beverly Hills, I know everyone and I do mean everyone. I can assure you that the perception of the car in my area will be perceived differently as it would be in Atlanta, it is just a totally different world. I thank you for your compliments and appreciate our differences. Again, thank you for the compliments and we can agree to disagree. I am not insulted at all. That is why there is chocolate and vanilla. I am just about as conservative as they come.

·
Registered
Whatever car has the gas in it
1,909 Posts
You have made a fantastic choice! The CL65 is the perfect combination of the beauty and the beast. I have owned too many MB's to list but never an AMG yet. I am waiting for the right one still :( The Desingo package looks amazing and I hear once you have it you will option for it every time after.:D

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Now, I finally met a man of good taste. One guy from Atlanta said it was a bit too much. Now, I understand the mentality in Atlanta and the demographics so when he said it was in poor taste I just chalked it up to ignorance. I think the car is very understated and very elegant with an edge of MEAN! Your a man of good taste!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Amazing

Now, I finally met a man of good taste. One guy from Atlanta said it was a bit too much. Now, I understand the mentality in Atlanta and the demographics so when he said it was in poor taste I just chalked it up to ignorance. I think the car is very understated and very elegant with an edge of MEAN! Your a man of good taste!!!
It is amazing how far off from your intended meaning someone can veer. There was nothing in any of my comments that suggested it was in poor taste. It is evident that you sir, being born and raised in Beverly Hills are better than us lowly people in Atlanta. As far as ignorance is concerned, again, NOT being born and raised in Beverly Hills has required that I work for everything I have (retired from Microsoft fairly "comfortable"), and therefore, my taste may run more conservative. Nothing in my comments was meant as a slight, and I apologize if you interpreted it as such. Have a good day, and enjoy your new toy.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Thanks brother:thumbsup: The CL Mercedes is one of the very few cars in the world where you can drive it for years on end and never become board with ANYTHING about it. I would not even do wheels, engine modifications or even tint the windows. It is 100% perfection.:)

·
Registered
2005 Jaguar XJ8L, 2006 Lexus RX400h
13 Posts
Woodyblack was too much of a Southern gentleman to say it, but I am not going to mince words. This guy from the 'old money' of Beverly Hills (assuming he's not a poser) obviously has garish taste and likes to show off his family's wealth like a lot of trust fund babies who never worked an honest day in their lives. I mean, what kind of ostentatious, insecure individuals would post photos of their expensive ride AND a $200k sales invoice as if to stake their place in the 1% for the world to see? Not even Romney is that stupid.

Back to the car, for the same money, I'd buy a 2013 Aston Martin DB9 and maybe some class.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wolfy, please don't take this the wrong way but you are obviously an "Idiot". I hope I did not mince my words too much. I have NOTHING to prove to anyone, especially you. It is obvious we are from totally different class structures, so even though I am in the "Romney" money category, I am still a proud Democrat who believes everyone deserves a fair shake in life, rich, poor, black, white, gay, straight, man,woman and anything in between. That includes people like yourself, who are in a word, just plain ignorant when it comes to people and knowing when to speak and when to keep their mouth shut. Enjoy the sight. It looks like your on your way to making a whole lot of friends and fast. Good luck and remember you get what you put out. One last thing, how would you like it if someone would post on the Jaguar sight, "Who in their right mind would but a 2010-up XJ especially in white, are they crazy, ugly on top of ugly" or with all the wonderful colors that the DB9's come in, "Why would anyone want one in an ordinary silver" when the color pallet is so strong. So, think before you type. Just food for thought.

·
Registered
1,909 Posts
Woodyblack was too much of a Southern gentleman to say it, but I am not going to mince words. This guy from the 'old money' of Beverly Hills (assuming he's not a poser) obviously has garish taste and likes to show off his family's wealth like a lot of trust fund babies who never worked an honest day in their lives. I mean, what kind of ostentatious, insecure individuals would post photos of their expensive ride AND a $200k sales invoice as if to stake their place in the 1% for the world to see? Not even Romney is that stupid.

Back to the car, for the same money, I'd buy a 2013 Aston Martin DB9 and maybe some class.

This is a Mercedes forum... He purchsed a new Mercedes... He is welcome here and wants to show, discuss with other MB owners as does every other member do the same... Hence the entire purpose of this site...

1.) Keep your political views out of here and in the Off Topic section please

2.) OMG! Another forum member with money? Dear lord it is a Mercedes forum. Try the Honda forum if you hate those with more so very much. Who cares where his/her money came from...

3.) Why does it matter that he spent $200,000 or however much on a car? You did not buy it.

4.) I respect your choice of the Aston Martin over a CL. I love the Aston as well.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
C 280 Sport Thank you!!!!

Your a good guy. Wolfy is a real, you know what. What does he care what anyone drives, unless he is a "POSER" what ever that means ( pedestrian slang). I have a 2009 Aston Martin V-12 and I love it. I want different cars, not the same. I also have a 2003 Jaguar XJR show car that was only produced for the 2003 Auto Show world tour, I NEVER drive it because it is the only one produced in this color, 1 of 1. I love it with a passion. I would love to own another Jaguar but the XJ from 2004 until present leaves me cold. I actually think the KIA looks better than the XJ series of present. So, we should be more positive to each other not negative. Why does he care about my financial status? What is the problem? I just do not relate to those types of personalities. Live and let live. Treat others as you want to be treated. For me to have to sit here and defend my honor on a forum for Mercedes cars is ridiculous. I will say one last thing. If he makes comments like these on matters are are not relevant to him, then you know he has issues with making friends and has other issues which have adverse effects in his life.

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Your a good guy. Wolfy is a real, you know what. What does he care what anyone drives, unless he is a "POSER" what ever that means ( pedestrian slang). I have a 2009 Aston Martin V-12 and I love it. I want different cars, not the same. I also have a 2003 Jaguar XJR show car that was only produced for the 2003 Auto Show world tour, I NEVER drive it because it is the only one produced in this color, 1 of 1. I love it with a passion. I would love to own another Jaguar but the XJ from 2004 until present leaves me cold. I actually think the KIA looks better than the XJ series of present. So, we should be more positive to each other not negative. Why does he care about my financial status? What is the problem? I just do not relate to those types of personalities. Live and let live. Treat others as you want to be treated. For me to have to sit here and defend my honor on a forum for Mercedes cars is ridiculous. I will say one last thing. If he makes comments like these on matters are are not relevant to him, then you know he has issues with making friends and has other issues which have adverse effects in his life.
Just ignore those who seem to be envious of your success. Do what you want with your money!

And btw, I think your car looks smoking :D

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.