Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Outstanding Contributor
3,983 Posts
Don't one of the moderators want to change this heading? I really didn't get it for a while. Slow, I guess.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Q

Give us a clue what kind of car it is. I'm still leaning with petrol.
My bad man, and it's a 1989 mercedes 300se gas. 6l. I am actually driving it around right now. I am not smelling the fuel in the oil right now. Just got it running this week. It used to smoke a lot and I was thinking oil blowby from valve seals. But now it's not smoking. I dunno. Had a bunch of running issues, I replaced a bunch of parts and screwed with the lambda control screw to lean it out. It almost kinda barely sounds like it will stall out when I put it into drive but then catches up.idles just above the 5 mark. Oil gauge starts at the high peg then drive it around and it goes to the middle of the gauge. No check engine light.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I been reading this forum for a while to get this car to run. Thanks to everyone that ever had problems and fixed it. I got the car as a dead vehicle, with no experience really working on vehicles. This is also the first forum I ever subscribed to, participated in. So I dont really know how to use the functions or search within forum. Just been using google to bring me to the relevant page.

·
Outstanding Contributor
2,995 Posts
I heard this stuff is for two-stroke motors and I came here to buy some! (Not really, just kidding)!

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,838 Posts
I had a v-8 560 that was dumping gas into the oil via a failed fuel pressure regulator located on the fuel distributor. There is a tube on the back side of the regulator connected to the breather on the passenger side valve cover. If the diaphragm fails on the the FPR the gas will be pumped into the top of the right bank valve cover/engine. This to me is the only way a normal running car can get gas (fuel) into the oil.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts