Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2005 C230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. I just got my 2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan last Saturday, Feb. 12th. So far, I like it.

I am wondering how often you guys have a problem with your Mercedes?

For myself, right after 2 hours I bought it, the rear light wore out. [:(] Then next day, the check engine light came on. [:(!]
Now, everything is fixed, but I am worried about what will happen to my car a week later!!

Maybe, I don't have a good luck... Ugh!
*Brat*

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
ecstaznsy - 2/17/2005 6:39 PM

yikes. i have a 2004.5 c230k sport sedan with lil over 5,000 miles and really no big problems yet
now when u say "no big problems", does that mean you've had some problems? I take delivery of mine in a few weeks and i'm abit concerned with how many problem posts i've been coming across.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
LilBrat - 2/17/2005 5:31 PM

Hello everyone. I just got my 2005 C230 Kompressor Sedan last Saturday, Feb. 12th. So far, I like it.

I am wondering how often you guys have a problem with your Mercedes?

For myself, right after 2 hours I bought it, the rear light wore out. [:(] Then next day, the check engine light came on. [:(!]
Now, everything is fixed, but I am worried about what will happen to my car a week later!!

Maybe, I don't have a good luck... Ugh!
*Brat*
i'll just say this: DON'T expect to NOT have any problems.....

·
Registered
2004 C-320
34 Posts
I have 9,400 miles on my 04 C320. Its going in for the first problem on Saturday. I think i have a warped rotor. But so far i love the car. But not happy with the service department.

·
Registered
2005 C230
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
tresean1 - 2/17/2005 6:49 PM
Yeah I guess, but only 2 days old and had a problem... That was tooooo early to have a problem!
keywestc320 - 2/17/2005 7:08 PM
But not happy with the service department.
Hmmm... I don't want to hear that! I had Toyota, and I didn't like their service at all, so I changed Mercedes. [xx(]

*Brat*

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
LilBrat - 2/17/2005 10:16 PM

Yeah I guess, but only 2 days old and had a problem... That was tooooo early to have a problem!
yea i totally agree with you, thats why i said that, lol.
Hmmm... I don't want to hear that! I had Toyota, and I didn't like their service at all, so I changed Mercedes. [xx(]

*Brat*
dont expect MB service dept to be any better [:(]

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
tresean1 - 2/17/2005 9:49 PM

hmm, i have to say i'm not liking what i'm hearing. i've heard many remarks made against bmw and their reliability however my car (currently with 40,600 miles) has been to the dealer 3 times since i picked it up in april 02' and all three were for oil changes. this car has been flawless. i knew that with the bmw, it MIGHT have problems, but it sounds to me that with the MB i MIGHT NOT have problems. doesn't sound too convincing, you guys know what i mean. it's not too late for me to bail on the benz, so what do u guys think? i love the look of the benz and currently it's really the only car i like in it's class now that the 3-series has been redesigned and not to my liking. so what types of problems are you all having? i've really been looking forward to picking up this car, but time is money and i really can't deal with a problematic vehicle and constant visits to the service department.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
i mean: the car is beautiful dude, grabs lots of attention...its just the small stuff that you WOULDNT expect from a MERCEDES that breaks/stops working/goes wrong/bad. so i guess if you go into it with bad or NO expectations---you will be fine---and btw, the customer service/satisfaction at the service dept is sub-par.

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
tresean1 - 2/17/2005 10:42 PM

i mean: the car is beautiful dude, grabs lots of attention...its just the small stuff that you WOULDNT expect from a MERCEDES that breaks/stops working/goes wrong/bad. so i guess if you go into it with bad or NO expectations---you will be fine---and btw, the customer service/satisfaction at the service dept is sub-par.
thanks for the heads up. my main concern is getting stuck somewhere. is that something i should be concerned with?

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
24hr roadside assistance for the life of the vehicle

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
btw, my fiance's pathfinder has had minor problems such as rattles from behind the radio and a constant reoccuring check engine light, which i would've never expected from nissan, but it's minor things that we tend to let go until the truck is brought in for it's next service. stuff like that i guess i can deal with. but being left stranded is something i'll be unable to tolerate. so i'm a strong believer that every car maker has it's batch of good and bad, but it seems like alot of people on here are having some type of problems with their C's which is making me nervous.

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
tresean1 - 2/17/2005 10:51 PM

24hr roadside assistance for the life of the vehicle
how quick are they to respond? i had 24 hour roadside assistance on one of my maxima's and once i blew a tire and eventually just took a cab home after waiting more than 3 hours for them to show up.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
i know how u feel dude----but there is no other car in its class (besides the audi) that will be as nice

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
tresean1 - 2/17/2005 10:57 PM

i know how u feel dude----but there is no other car in its class (besides the audi) that will be as nice
i'm really not feeling the new A4. front's sorta weird looking. i loved the 02-05's however. looked at the G35 sedan but it's kinda boring looking and the coupe grew old on me real fast.

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
nasdakboy - 2/17/2005 10:56 PM

how quick are they to respond? i had 24 hour roadside assistance on one of my maxima's and once i blew a tire and eventually just took a cab home after waiting more than 3 hours for them to show up.
i have never had to call them, and i hope i dont HAVE TO

·
Registered
'05 C230 Kompressor,
314 Posts
nasdakboy - 2/17/2005 11:01 PM

i'm really not feeling the new A4. front's sorta weird looking. i loved the 02-05's however. looked at the G35 sedan but it's kinda boring looking and the coupe grew old on me real fast.
dude i test drove the G35 sunday---man that thing is FAST...not the best as far as features/gadgets..but the engine is NICE. i was orginally looking at the jag x-type....but i saw the infiniti M45 and i want it bad

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
tresean1 - 2/17/2005 11:08 PM

dude i test drove the G35 sunday---man that thing is FAST...not the best as far as features/gadgets..but the engine is NICE. i was orginally looking at the jag x-type....but i saw the infiniti M45 and i want it bad
G35 is a quick car. i just can't get over the interior. it's funny though, i was looking at the new X-type 3.0 sport but i just don't feel that it's up to par w/ the rest of it's competition. feels abit cheap inside, especially the steering wheel. i just felt that there were better quality cars out there for that kind of money. i think the C class has the best interior.

·
Registered
05' C230k sedan
92 Posts
tresean1 - 2/17/2005 11:08 PM

are you talking about the new M45 that's coming out? (not sure if it's out yet but i've seen it plastered all over the magazines). that car is sweet! i'm liking the new Lexus GS too.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts