Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SL500 2002 SLK320
1,672 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today, I acted like a fool and left my lights on. For some reason the lights do not turn on automatically when it is a hazes or cloudy day. So I turn on my lights manually.

6 hours later my car door would not open, so I use the small key in my smart key. I press the button on the keyless go system to start the car, and it did not do anything. So I put the smart key in the ignition and my car started up. But on the display; it said "Consumer Electrons No� with a battery picture. So I drove it around on the interstate and my battery got charged

That is a good design. After I drove for 10 minutes, I stop the car and turn it back on and the display said� Consumer Electronics Online�

·
Registered
2005 RENNtech SL600
195 Posts
Yea, I've done the same thing. Very inmpressive recovery from a potentially embarrasing moment. MB has this piece of electronics figured out well. I wish they would get with the program and retrofit the 2005s with steering wheel controls for the preset radio stations. It is disturbing to know that the electronic advances that allowed you to start your car and recharge your battery without missing a beat, are not incorporated into the simplest part of the radio design. Come on MB, presets from the steering wheel are basic to just about any car!! MB had them on 2003-2004 SLs. What happened? Any way Tigger, it is at least cool that they have thought through some of the more complex stuff isn't it? I've resigned myself to excepting the fact that almost perfect is also pretty cool!!

·
Registered
2006 Vanquish S
400 Posts
mark11 - 3/17/2005 5:54 AM

Come on MB, presets from the steering wheel are basic to just about any car!! MB had them on 2003-2004 SLs. What happened?
I have no idea how to verify this for sure but I have been told by my mechanic that he went to one of the training classes and they said they were working on a software fix to get back the presets as there were so many complaints.

If this is true, we need everyone to complain about the split screen not staying on all the time when the car is in navigation mode. I find this even more annoying than the presets.

Only time will tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts