Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

hydraulic pump leaking! From 2 bolts on side of unit.

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  cacecef 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

My car has a leak from the main hydraulic pump on the right hand side of the trunk.

The goldish bronzish bolt is cracked on mine? could that be the one that is leaking? well that is the source of my small leak... can the bolts be replaced? I tried tightening them... may have messed the goldish one in the process...

!!! AHH

and my headliner is starting to wrinkle a bit too but not so bad yet.....

What do u guys think??

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Hmm I was thinking if there was any kind of product like adhesive or glue or something that i can just put around the bolts here to stop the leak?

Some Kinda EPOXY?

So since we have found the source of the leak... if we figure out the plan for action in regards this could save people a bundle... cuz new pumps are $400.00!

Any suggestions?

#7 ·
Clean Surface

Sightless,
Make sure that you have clean surface for bonding (the treads on bolts & block). No oil (hydraulic fluid), etc, etc! Otherwise, you just wasted your time thinking it's not working :D Also there are 2 kind of locktite (blue & red), and one is for permanent application (I forgot which one is which).

The bolts maybe able to be replaced, but they maybe specialty bolts (hard to find). The bronze, maybe a machined allen bolts (I'm not positive, but looks like it).

#8 ·
I am having a similar issue. I heard a noise when doing a right sharp turn and then had to check the steering fluid levels. Down to the min sign. I checked the garage space and I have been leaking tiny amounts on the ground. GRRR:mad:. I will put it on the stands tomorrow morning and hopefully see where the leak is coming from :(
That suxes! I did a quick search and it seems many have similar issue. I wonder whether this is something we are doing with slamming the wheel at full lock by mistake or going over humps too quickly... not sure. :crybaby2:

#9 ·
Ok will try JB Weld today to see if the problem gets solved...

The bolts do look like specialty bolts =( going to call hoerbiger maybe they can send replacements... MB dealer aint helping squat "Get a new pump"

But alas maybe JB Weld...

Could the roof leaking be from the leaking on the pump? Or probably need the hydraulic in the roof replaced/serviced?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.