Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1976 406
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I have a question for the hydraulic gurus. My ex Case 406 has the standard under hood hydraulic valve block. From there 6 tubes leave the top of the block and with a bend head downward. 4 of the tubes terminate at the front of the truck with quick connects facing downward. 2 of the tubes transition to hoses for a 90 degree bend to toward the rear of the truck. Shortly after their 90 degree bend they transition back to tubing for about 8' then they transition back to hoses near the rear of the truck.

I would like to remove the horizontal tubing to the rear of the truck and install hoses in their places. Am I correct in assuming that the type of fitting at the end of the factory tubing can be crimped on a hose so that I can connect a new hoses to my existing hoses? If so, does anybody know the type and size of fitting Unimog used at this location?

TIA,
BWSwede

·
Registered
1992 427 U1450L w/ Schmidt plow. FLU419 SEE
34 Posts
I don’t have an answer to your question but I’ll gripe that I’ve been waiting Over two months now for a double heavy 20mm tubing crimp on fitting for my tipper bed here in Alberta.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1976 406 w/ backhoe and dozer blade, a small collection of implements too
1,404 Posts
Morning,
As you know, I don't have a Case, so this may not help but at least on my 406, I put calipers on the hard tube and with this OD (which was metric and I don't recall the dimension off hand) I got a metric tube compression (also known as flareless) x male NPT adapter, installed that on the end of the existing tube and had my local hose shop make up long hoses so I could run hydraulic lines to the back of the truck. I went to NPT as that is the most common around here with JIC a close second.

I am fortunate to have a local shop who has pretty much everything but if you do not, there may be a touch of stumbling on the internet as terminology is difficult for those not in the industry, but you'll find what you need.

Just a quick internet grab for a fitting of the style I speak: https://www.hoseandfittingsetc.com/product/fittings/tube-fittings/eo-eo-2/metric-bite-type-straight-swivels/parker-ege-npt

I've attached a handy guide for identifying and naming things, in the event you do not have such a thing already. You are pretty darn handy so this may only be useful to others.

I hope this helps some.

Attachments

·
Registered
1976 406
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Brit,

Thanks for the idea and the resources. It would nice to have the new fitting in hand when I try separating the hose from the tube. What you have provided just might allow me to do that.

Thank you,
BWSwede

1 - 4 of 4 Posts