Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is this white triangle shaped reservoir behind the driver side headlight, with two small pipes coming out of if. On the label it says "Hydraulic fluid".

I have a leakage from one of those pipes under the car, but does this leakage affect more than just self-leveling suspension, or can this impact steering?

Does the steering have a dedicated reservoir for its fluid, or is the other pipe I see fueling the Hydraulic steering pump?

Thanks for answers guys!

·
Premium Member
6,713 Posts
the hydraulic tank you describe is for SLS and/or ASD. It uses a special ZH-M hydraulic fluid, NOT power steering or brake or ATF or anything else. the only sources for this are Mercedes, or Febi. This is also used for the convertible top hydraulics on the 300CE/E320 Cabriolet and R129 SL's

the power steering runs off the reservoir that's an integral part of the pump on the front left side of the engine, this reservoir is all cast alloy with a alloy lid, like this.....

·
Registered
937 Posts
LCG Poster said triangular container , both- ADS and - SLS are oblong, or square containers .I think it would be best for poster SD to post a picture up of this container he needs to know about . Lots of w124 owners think they can just pop ATF fluid in the PAS system its not recommended in the workshop manual .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
About this Discussion
3 Replies
5 Participants
ds190
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing