Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

41 - 47 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Random question: Lets assume a w126 has the pod failure (or any failure, actually). And you take the car to a mercedes dealership. They diagnose as failed part thats NLA. Does the dealer then say "sorry, we cant repair your mercedes"? Just curious as to how that all works

·
Registered
9,985 Posts
Random question: Lets assume a w126 has the pod failure (or any failure, actually). And you take the car to a mercedes dealership. They diagnose as failed part thats NLA. Does the dealer then say "sorry, we cant repair your mercedes"? Just curious as to how that all works
Yes, they will say that for ANY repair to a 126. The reasoning is they don't stock the repair tools for them anymore, and as you can see, the parts are rapidly drying up. So they don't want to be in that position of having taken your car apart, and not being able to put it back together.

·
Premium Member
1,322 Posts
I haven't had any experiences at the dealership personally where they refused to work on something... but I have had issues where they realized during troubleshooting what the problem is and basically called me saying "Hey - that's NLA; you can either provide a part (junk yard, eBay, etc) or we'll put it back together" (charged shop time either way)

·
Registered
476 Posts
I contacted George Murphy from Performance Analysis Co., what so you recommend folks, fix the old pods or buy new.

For your car, you'll need 9 of our ACC-Di repair diaphragms @ $7.50 each.

S&H is $8.95 USA.

Out PodPopper tool is no longer available - tooling lost . . .

Regards,
George Murphy
Performance Analysis Co.
969 Oak Ridge Turnpike, PMB 258
Oak Ridge TN 37830 USA
865-482-9175

9 am to 5 pm M-Th, until 1 pm Friday ET

·
Premium Member
4,175 Posts
You can easily make a pod popper tool with piano wire from you local hardware store.
I have successfully repaired and tested my pods using the repair kit, so i would recommend the repair method.
There is a good thread with pics on this which is now in the DIY section at the top of the page

41 - 47 of 47 Posts
About this Discussion
46 Replies
23 Participants
KRH
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing