Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got it done at one of the only places in Chicagoland that can do it or I should say "authorized" to do it by Huper Optik. Cost $350. Looks great. Got the darkest HO has to offer which is not very by normal tint standards. I'll post pics once it dries in two weeks. Yes two weeks with out lowering the windows to ensure drying. It would of been for in December or January, but its warming up here a bit.

If I was in the car you couldn't make my face out if you were driving next to me, but from the inside it looks almost like theres no tint at all. Very clear...almost like polarized lenses on sunglasses.

·
Registered
350 SLK
1,528 Posts
Just curious whether the installer mentioned anything about installing the felt on the rollers in the door panels?

·
Registered
2005 SLK 350 LE
240 Posts
It actually only takes 2 days before you can use your windows. 30 days for the tint to really cure itself. I have HO and it is really great, or at least it feels that way for the price!

PS - no felt ever mentioned by tinter.

·
Registered
2004 SL600 Renntech ECU/TCU Upgrade...many other mods
238 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
SergioinMiami - 4/14/2005 9:23 PM

It actually only takes 2 days before you can use your windows. 30 days for the tint to really cure itself. I have HO and it is really great, or at least it feels that way for the price!

PS - no felt ever mentioned by tinter.
Ditto...got to wait about 2-4 weeks for the "orange peel skin" ripples to evaporate away and then it's perfect.

·
Registered
2 Posts
HO on my 04 E500

Just got it done at one of the only places in Chicagoland that can do it or I should say "authorized" to do it by Huper Optik. Cost $350. Looks great. Got the darkest HO has to offer which is not very by normal tint standards. I'll post pics once it dries in two weeks. Yes two weeks with out lowering the windows to ensure drying. It would of been for in December or January, but its warming up here a bit.

If I was in the car you couldn't make my face out if you were driving next to me, but from the inside it looks almost like theres no tint at all. Very clear...almost like polarized lenses on sunglasses.
You're SL looks off the charts with the HO. I just got my done a couple of days ago on my 04 E500 and I feel the difference already here in sunny, humid South Florida. I will upload pictures later. Ismael

1 - 5 of 5 Posts