Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
SL63 Iridium Silver Metallic
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '03 with the AMG Package. I bought CLEAR lenses for the front bumpers, and cant quite figure out where the tabs might me for the plastic bumper strips to try to wiggle them out to put in the new lenses and bulbs, anyone have a diagram by chance or anything that could assist the r230 newbie here ?! LOL Thank You ?!

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
removing bumper lights ..

I just got the car, it didn't come with a physical manual ... and i was trying to find out the best way to pry them out, and was hoping to understand where the tabs were so as not to break them.

look in the manual or just pry them out

·
Registered
Several MB's
352 Posts
I just got the car, it didn't come with a physical manual ... and i was trying to find out the best way to pry them out, and was hoping to understand where the tabs were so as not to break them.
On the '03 take a thin small bladed screw driver and gently pry the back of the marker light up and forward. To make sure that you don't scratch the paint put 2 layers of masking tape at the back on the body before you start to use the screw driver.

If you are really anal you can remove the front fender liner and remove the light from the inside.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
THANK YOU Lou K - I got it!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts