Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 C220
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay...so I posted the other day that I had a great day working on the ole c220 cleaning out the drains and hopefully ending my problem with having to replace blower regulators annually. Two days later, as I was waiting for my new regulator to come in the mail, I was driving and all of a sudden the dash started smoking...most of it was concentrated to the climate control console. I kept driving until it was safe to pull over. I pulled the fuses to the blower motor and the climate control module...the smoke stopped. I thought maybe the regulator that was not operating properly may be taxing the console and caused it to heat up.
Today I got my new regulator and installed it...put the fuses back in and the smoke started again. The blower motor worked for a minute then quit. Then the console started blinking almost as if it was resetting...and was acting very strange...then i decided to pull the fuses again before it caused further problems. I went to shut the car off and when I turned the key off the car did not shut off. It only shut off when I pulled the fuses...now what does the blower motor fuse or the climate control console fuse have to do with the car running or not?

I am praying that I didn't screw up the wiring harness...what do you think? Anyone have any suggestions?

I am getting a good deal on a new console, which should be here by next week...I am hoping that fixes the problem...

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
You need to clear the bottom drain it the heater box 545

Re the reg pack for the fan, these will often go short circuit and the fan will run all the time, I am wondering now if the motor is faulty.

I have a problem loading circuits right now and I will try and post back

·
Registered
1995 C220
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Found out the problem

There was a malfunction in the climate control unit and it burned up the circuit board. That caused the plastic cover to melt and also melted the right side plug that goes into the unit. Now I have got to figure out how to change that plug...it does not look easy...there has to be 25 wires going into it

1 - 5 of 5 Posts