Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 E55
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I finally got around to photographing my HRE 547R rims taken from my 2003 E55. The fronts are 19" x 9" offset 32mm with 2 1/2" lips and the rears are 19" x 9.5" offset 22mm with 3 1/2" lips. The offsets I measured myself and may be a mm or two off. The two front rims have not been mounted since the centers were refinished by HRE and one front had both inner and outer barrels replaced, the other had just the outer barrel replaced. The mounting pads were also machined 3mm to fit a 1/2" larger lip as the prior lip was 2", and all new hardware was used. The cost for this was $1500. The rears are round and true, and the inner and outer barrels were just resurfaced locally to a mirror finish. The rear centers have some small spots where the clearcoat is chipped, but it is only visible on close inspection and was not nearly enough to warrant sending them to HRE.

These rims were originally built for a 2003 SLK show car and were used on my W211 E55 (seen in pic below with the smaller front lip before being rebuilt) and will likely work on SL's and other models. As you can see below, there is plenty of clearance for big brakes. The centers have been bored to fit MB centercaps and will only take HRE centers if the HRE logo is fitted into a cutout MB centercap. The brushed aluminum clearcoat finish is the most elegant they offer IMO and is also a significant upcharge; they sell new for around $1900 each and the fronts are virtually as good as new.

$2500 plus any shipping or paypal charges.

Please refrain from commenting about the MB centers as many did when I originally showed these rims when I purchased them a few years ago. I know many of you like the HRE emblems, but many people also prefer the factory style centers.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.