Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so I will most likely be picking up an HPS Supercharger Gen2 this week. I was wondering, any other 430 owners on here with the HPS Gen2? If so have you tested the 0-60, 1/4th mile, etc...? Is it worth it?

I am a little stuck, I love my car so I'm 90% sure I will get the HPS system this week. My other option is getting a 2003 CL600 (bi-turbo v12). I'm just really wondering what the 0-60 time is on an HPS Gen2 kit on the 430 before I throw a bunch of money into it. When I could just go pickup a car thats already pretty fukin fast stock.

Thanks in advance guys.

·
Registered
clk320 (2001)
474 Posts
im jealous..i dunno nothing about hps supercharger...

·
Registered
CLK430
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the thing though, I don't want the car to feel like a huge S class even if it is super fast in the straight. My buddy has a B7 Alphina, which is really fast, but it still feels like a huge ass car. Its not fun. The CL looks REALLY nice, it actually already has some really nice rims and everything, I really wouldn't need to do much to it. I'm just really torn, I LOVE my CLK. Already did allot to it. Anyone know the 0-60 of a 430 + HPS gen2? If its too far off of the CL then I will prob get the CL, if its close I would just get the SC.

P.S. A few things I noticed about the CL is people in the forums don't seem to recommend it much, and say its a pain to keep up. Just a few of my worries. Not to mention its a gas guzzler. haha. As you can see im torn...

·
Registered
CLK430
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just wondering, but has anyone on here installed their own supercharger?
I am most likely going with the supercharger. Mostly because its really nice NOT having car payments, haha. Maybe I will get a CL600 next year if I get tired of a supercharged CLK. Maybe gas prices will be lower too, haha.

I was wondering if the supercharger install was even possible as a DIY project. As said by HPS "This system comes as a bolted module unit. Referring that the intake manifold is pre-assembled at our facility."

·
Registered
Supercharged CLk430 street/show car
174 Posts
Here is some info

The HPS kit has some major flaws that need to be addressed! Once these parts are ordered and replaced the kit runs very strong and kicks ass! I drove my car after the kit was installed but it was before the faulty parts had been replaced and customized! Other people have had to deal with the faulty parts on the kit and once they were replaced or customized the kit runs flawlessly!If you want to get the kit get a used one like i did and rebuild it with the much needed upgrades! Your going to need to do it anyways so dont pay full price for the kit!
The major flaws are, air box needs to be changed, the intercooler changed, the supercharger inlet needs to be customized,It wouldnt hurt to upgrade the cooling system like intercooler pump, heat exchanger and thermostat! I probally would have got a Kleeman after having to go through all the BS. Alot of people got Dicked by HPS, I got lucky and have building my car for so long that before i really got to drive it the parts were identified that were faulty! It will be cheaper to get an HPS system but you will have to upgrade it!You need to determine what is best for you! The major flaws being replaced will cost you about 1500 not including installation.

·
Registered
c43 amg
24 Posts
Ok, so I will most likely be picking up an HPS Supercharger Gen2 this week. I was wondering, any other 430 owners on here with the HPS Gen2? If so have you tested the 0-60, 1/4th mile, etc...? Is it worth it?

I am a little stuck, I love my car so I'm 90% sure I will get the HPS system this week. My other option is getting a 2003 CL600 (bi-turbo v12). I'm just really wondering what the 0-60 time is on an HPS Gen2 kit on the 430 before I throw a bunch of money into it. When I could just go pickup a car thats already pretty fukin fast stock.

Thanks in advance guys.
PixsouL - Did u end buying it? I'm looking to get a used kit online.

·
Registered
c43 amg
24 Posts
You want HPS system ? Here's the link.........btw, I'm also one of their cutomer. Don't waste your time and read all the pages. Just start reading pages 34 and work your way back up. It will save you alot of times.

Need Advice on Adding More Power to HPS SC - MBWorld.org Forums
linh - Didn't Jessie from Speed Innovation blow up your motor not HPS? I shot AMGSC a private PM. I'm hoping to buy his used kit for peanuts! :thumbsup:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts