Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
CLK430 Cab.
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was considering trading in my 430CLK cab for the AMG 230 for some more HP. I came across the HPS and was wondering if anyone had experience with the system.

If it truely is seamless and reliable I'll be keeping my 430 and moving up to 375.

I was also considering getting the B10 package from Brabus. Does anyone have expereince with this system?

Would the HPS and the new cams and valve springs be compatable?

Would the HP gains be additive? (100 from HPS and 20 from the B10). If so not a bad way to spend 11K.

·
Registered
2001 E430 SPT, ML430
153 Posts
2SHNL4U

The Brabus B10 Tuning is quite an expensive upgrade for only an approx. 20-25 HP gain...I have been quoted by Brabus NA $3995 + $750 (install) 2003 pricing. Also, having been in one the car pulls really strong from 4500 -6000 rpm.

You could actually improve your throttle response & gain HP & Tq with a Powerchip upgrade for only $840. I will keep you posted as my car will be dyno'd with the Powerchip & headers this week.

The HPS kit seems to really be a great option/alternative to the higher priced kompressors...I have been invited by Adam to test drive their 430...I hope to get a chance to do this soon.

BTW: Hey Adam what's up...

Regards
Richard

1 - 2 of 2 Posts