Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
(W210) Mercedes E320 CDI YEAR 2000 X reg (MANUAL AIR CON)
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
w210 - e320 cdi - year 2000
Got a problem guys. When the engines warm (about 80 degrees) the engine howls when I put my foot on the accelerator from idling.

Don’t know what may cause this but have some problems, will these problems cause the howling?

AC doesn’t work – (air con compressor has stopped working, dont know if topping up AC will solve the compressor problem at the moment)

Cheers

· Registered
2005 W215 CL500
4,114 Posts
Can you turn the A/C off. That's the "EC" button. The red light should be on. This should disconnect the A/C compressor and so make the noise disappear.

Otherwise I have no clue.

· Premium Member
2001 E320 - Brilliant Silver/Ash: 107,000+
17,201 Posts
I have a noisey compressor in a Toyota and I suppose I could describe that as a howl. But logically, you said your compressor is not running so that can't be where the noise originates. Have you thought of buying/borrowing a mechanic's stethoscope, have a friend revving the engine, and listening to isolate the noise? Actually, just having someone else rev the car while you are looking at the engine might be enough. Good Luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.