Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I opened up fuel cap to release pressure in tank to change fuel filter. Forget to put fuel cap back on before starting the car. Now, check engine light is on. Will the light turn off by itself after a few days of cycling the system? or Do I must purchase a code reader to manually reset the light? or Can I un-hook the battery for 1/2 hour as people suggest? (hate to re-sync all those electrical equips). I hate to have to drive it back to the dealer for such a minor thing. Please advise? Thank you!

·
Registered
2002 C32 AMG
1,771 Posts
CEL will shut off after a certain amount of time if it was just the gas cap being off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I opened up fuel cap to release pressure in tank to change fuel filter. Forget to put fuel cap back on before starting the car. Now, check engine light is on. Will the light turn off by itself after a few days of cycling the system? or Do I must purchase a code reader to manually reset the light? or Can I un-hook the battery for 1/2 hour as people suggest? (hate to re-sync all those electrical equips). I hate to have to drive it back to the dealer for such a minor thing. Please advise? Thank you!
Status updates: Went to Autozone to read the code but they won't re-set it (P0301 (misfire on #1 plug)). Next start-up after going to a store, the check engine light went off. No more problem at all.. I am suspecting it lack fuel after change of filter cause the mis-fire. Maybe, it took some time for the system to recycle back to "norm" to trigger off the check engine light. Now, planning to purchase a OBD2 reader.. What brand do people recommend? (Actron or AutoXray)??

1 - 3 of 3 Posts