Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching for this, I really did. If this is addressed somewhere, feel free to direct me to the post and delete this one. I do see reports of low battery, alarm problems, etc, but no specific solution.

I have a 2001 C240, I love the car, but it's a car from hell. I was driving around yesterday, got an error on the dashboard display something about "Consumer Defective" with a battery icon. I made it home, but noticed the windows would barely close. The battery obviously lacked juice.

Now I come home after driving a friends car and hear what sounds like a weak car alarm constantly coming from my Mercedes. I disconnected the battery completely, I removed what I *thought* were the 8,9 and 41 fuses for the alarm but it still goes on.

I will tow to the dealer if I have to, but isn't there something I can do to turn it off until I have a chance to work on it???

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Responding to my own post, I know.

I had a AAA tow truck driver come out and jump start the car. Once he got the engine running he was able to turn off the alarm and keep it running for a while. It charged the battery enough that I could start it again after about 30 minutes to drive it to the dealership.

Once I dropped off the POS at the dealer, they gave me a ride back. They let me drive an '08 C class with the new display (nav/radio/etc). Not bad, but not as nice as an S class.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts