Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did a search but could not find any information on how to tild the headrests in my 1978 280ce.

I had no problem taking them out of the seats but i didnt want to force anything, they just want to stay upright!

I wanted to tilt them for two reasons.

A - they look better IMO

and

B - They would prevent some whiplash in the event of an accident, as they would be closer to the neck ;)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
Just pull them forward. While sitting on the seat, pull the headrests so they tilt forwards. I do it everytime. ;)

·
Registered
Mercedes 600
1,171 Posts
Great looking interior! Let's see more.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dbtk said:
Great looking interior! Let's see more.

Unfortunately not my interior and that's the only pic i have.

Still no luck tilting the headrests forward, they are seized solid in the upright position #!%^#$%#!

·
Premium Member
W-1-2-3 Go!
16,161 Posts
The axis of rotation is inside the headrest, in case you're simply pulling the entire thing forward you won't get it to move (maybe barely). Grab the headrest and tilt it forward, sorry. I didn't mean to pull the headrest. It should be able to rotate forward easily. I've never heard of a stuck one before.

·
Registered
2008 PT, 1998 neon--1965 VW 1200
2,533 Posts
The headrests in shlomo were VERY stiff initially, they cannot, however, be rusted solid-- that seems way out in right field to me.

Grab them with your arms way up in the air, over your head and pull with both hands on the lower rear of them. I think I even had to get in the back seat to do one of mine-- I seriously doubt they are stuck *solid* but it may take some coaxing-- also, try some wd40 and the little straw part and barely let it dribble into the joint up inside the headrest.

horny headrest cars are more important-- remember that=)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts