Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was looking around the trunk yesterday for a remote wire for a sub amp I was going to install, however I ended up messing some stuff up instead. I no longer get sound from the speakers of my CL500 w/ bose system. The head unit works fine but theres no sound so I am guessing I must have blown the bose amp. I took the amp out but I am unsure how I can test to see if its broken. I also set off a SRS warning light. I took it in and they said it was a hard fault so I must have screwed something else up. And to top it all off I still couldnt find any remote wires in the trunk. :mad:

·
Registered
18 Posts
I was looking around the trunk yesterday for a remote wire for a sub amp I was going to install, however I ended up messing some stuff up instead. I no longer get sound from the speakers of my CL500 w/ bose system. The head unit works fine but theres no sound so I am guessing I must have blown the bose amp. I took the amp out but I am unsure how I can test to see if its broken. I also set off a SRS warning light. I took it in and they said it was a hard fault so I must have screwed something else up. And to top it all off I still couldnt find any remote wires in the trunk. :mad:
My unit's doing the same thing, head unit comes on, no sound; if you were moving around the fiber optic cables your problem may be that you inadvertently kinked one of them, so your amp might be okay. I think my problem is the fiber optics aren't kicking on the amp; if I could just figure out how to test the fiber optics...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Have a look on the Audio and Telematics forum if you haven't already - post your question there - you will get a far better response as W215 owners are only a very small number in comparison ....... good luck!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Have a look on the Audio and Telematics forum if you haven't already - post your question there - you will get a far better response as W215 owners are only a very small number in comparison ....... good luck!
As you guessed, just did and found a great link in one of the posts:

http://www.carstereohelp.com/mercedesFiberOptic.htm

will be really helpful in isolating the problem and ruling in/out whether it's the amp.

Thanks for the response.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts