Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
99 SLK 230 Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to test an ac/heater blower regulator? My girlfriend have a 99 CLK 320 and the fan is not working. I think it's the regulator but would like to test it before spending $169 on it.

thanks

·
Registered
CLS550 Master Lease, 1990 300zxTT, 2000 camry
361 Posts
There really is no easy way to test the regulator. But it has been my experience that if the regulator goes bad it is because of the blower motor. I would pull the blower motor and regulator out since they are in the same unit and easy to remove and see if maybe it looks like you have had water in the case or anything like that. Really all you can test for at the regulator is power and ground because I think the signal wire from the a/c control unit is PWM(pulse width modulated) and you would need an oscilloscope to test it.

·
Registered
99 SLK 230 Sport
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, It turns out the contacts where rusted. Disconnected it and reconnected it and it started to work again. A quick fixed but I think next weekend I'm going to take the fan assembly off and clean it up better.

·
Registered
1998 SL500, 2002 CLK430
19 Posts
My ac motor is not working in my 02 CLK 430. Can you tell me where to find it how to remove it? Female working on her own car...any help appreciated.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430
24 Posts
Cleaned the contacts on ac/heat blower motor

Well, It turns out the contacts where rusted. Disconnected it and reconnected it and it started to work again. A quick fixed but I think next weekend I'm going to take the fan assembly off and clean it up better.
Just had same issue with my 99 clk 430 found how to take out on another thread on here and cleaned up contacts. Wallah works like a charm :) Thanks for the advice this site is awesome.

·
Registered
1999 CLK 430
24 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts