Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Displays Wrenches

How can I figure out which service is due? FSS doesn't tell u a lot on a 99 CLK
I have an 02 CLK430 and mine says "Service A" or "Service B." But it also shows either a little picture of one wrench for A and two wrenches for B. Does yours show any wrenches in the display?

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes it shows one big wrench. Then I think my car is coming up for service A. Thank you for the input!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I know. I never heard of 1200.00 but my stealership is asking for $320 for A service...lol...and they said they don't change cabin filter and airbox filters in that service. I'm thinking I'll just buy an oil extractor pump and chenge oil myself.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Indeed a good deal! I still have 1800 miles left for service on my car and am hoping that they'll offer the coupons again:)

Does anyone know if they change the airbox filters in A service? If not how much do they cost? (mine uses two filters - 430)

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Indeed a good deal! I still have 1800 miles left for service on my car and am hoping that they'll offer the coupons again:)

Does anyone know if they change the airbox filters in A service? If not how much do they cost? (mine uses two filters - 430)
If you go, when you call to make the appointment, the receptionist will ask you who your service writer is. Tell her that Marcus Fitzhugh sent you and you'd like Ishmael Castro. When you bring the car in, please mention to Ishmael that I sent you. That shop in general and Ishmael in particular have ALWAYS gone out of their way to make sure I'm completely satisfied.

Well, maybe not completely. They have a silver CLK Black Series sitting on the show room floor. Giving me that as a loaner would complete the job.

Air filters are extra. They list for about $30 each. I don't know what they charge to install them. Ask Ish, he'll tell you. BTW, if you call Mr Castro "Ish", or you forget to mention my name, well, things may go badly.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts