Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1976 300D
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1976 300D..i wanted to change the bulbs on the dash..i really have a problem pulling the whole cluster off the dash. i dont know the tip for an easy work on it. i havent pulled it off eversince..please help me..thanks..

·
Registered
152 Posts
The recommended way is with a tool with two hooks to insert through the sides (between the dash and the cluster) and pull it out. Alternatively, if you remove the kick panels and get your hand up through the inside, you can push it out. You will need to disconnect a bunch of stuff from the back before you can get it out. It's easier if the steering wheel is not in your way.

·
Registered
1976 300D
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The recommended way is with a tool with two hooks to insert through the sides (between the dash and the cluster) and pull it out. Alternatively, if you remove the kick panels and get your hand up through the inside, you can push it out. You will need to disconnect a bunch of stuff from the back before you can get it out. It's easier if the steering wheel is not in your way.
thanks for that tip for sir..but i dont know how the tool with two hooks look like..can i fabricate the tool if i dont have? can you please do me a favor to send a picture of that tool sir? thanks

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi,

I tried to make the hooks from wire, but without the sucess and I think maybe I scratched the leather a little. Then I found another way - on my w208, you can just pull the cluster by pushing 2 credit cards on the right and left side (where you should push the hooks) and then pull harder the sides of the cluster. So far I am at this point, now I need to disconnect the cables and pull the cluster between chasis and wheel.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts