Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, not directly Mog related other than some mogs would make great ZA vehicles. Anyway, I haven't seen this mentioned around here but if it's a repost feel free to kick my can.

If it isn't I apologize in advance for all the time you will waste, and the sleep you will lose once you go to this site and start reading. It is VERY addicting. You have been warned. :)

Adrian's Undead Diary Journal Home

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
The ZA is one of the reasons I've managed to get the ol'lady into the concept of unimog. It's a rare vehicle that can nudge, crush or crawl its way though life AND be mountable with an articulating flail mower for zone defense.

The Brooks manual has a whole sub-chapter on vehicle choices and there is no mention of unimog or other suitable alternatives. In fact it seems that his review of heavy vehicles rules them out out of hand as too big, too clunky and too thirsty. I've gotten hooked on the walking dead and if they ditched the Winnebago for something along the line of even Bill Caids old truck, they would perhaps have had less blatant mechanical issues and the ability to surmount traffic snarls with ease.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
My web site got linked once in a story on this site here. SurvivalBlog.com
I got over 1500 hits in one day, and over 5k in a week, so there are alot of people getting ready for the Apocolypse. Just need to sell them a few mogs in the mean time!!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
A couple of months ago at our MassMog fall run, a reporter turned up and ended up riding shot-gun with me. He was from New York City, and folks were generally nervous about having a reporter along for an off road event, fearing excessive tree hugger antics. The surprise is that he came along to write a story specifically about post apocalyptic vehicles and of course a Mog event was perfect. He was somewhat surprised to find all of us to be rather pleasant, level headed well educated people. He was figuring on tinfoil hat wearing, gun toting (there were a few, but concealed), motor heads. We'd take the zombies though.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Did he ever write the article? or have you seen a copy of it? Post it up if you have it!

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
I have not seen any article yet. He's working on a start-up on-line magazine, and it's being done out of his and a couple of partners own pockets, so it's taking a while. We have e-mailed back and forth a few times. No story to date, that I know of. When I see something, I'll post it for sure.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts