Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
i got a 1990 300E 24v...
I am having a hell of a time with this feature on my car where every time i put my key in the door lock to lock or either lock or unlock
the car the drivers window goes down maybe a .5 of a cm every time.
It's annoying as hell considering its middle of winter and rain is just getting in the car.
Is there a way to stop this feature. i was informed on this forum that this feature of holding the key in the locked or unlocked position puts the windows down.
It does do that but it does it even if i'm just generally locking the car. I don't have a keyless entry or alarm on it. I'm now seriously considering getting one just so the window doesn't keep coming down.

so whole point of this is to find out if there is a way to stop this from happening?

Cheers,
Aaron.

·
Registered
1987 300E, 1955 Plymouth Belvedere, 2005 Silverado 4x4
963 Posts
Does the window go down if you lock the car from the trunk or passenger side door?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, i was just about to post that.
I opened the car from the boot (trunk) just before and again drivers window only came down a fraction of a cm.

·
W124 Moderator
86 190E 2.3L 16V, 2 95 320TE's, 02 S500
12,744 Posts
Try disconnecting/re-connecting the comfort/convenience module to see if it will reset itself. It is located under the rear seat cushion, left side of the car.

Jayare

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow thanks, no one has ever suggested that...
I'll rip into it tomorrow. It would be a great help if it's something as simple as that...
question is it something easily found once seat is out?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Forgive my ignorance, i've googled it and trying to find which bit i should disconnect exactly. I'm in Australia so the left and right sides shouldn't play any difference but my left side looks to be a foam box and the right is a module thing where 4 switches are plugged into, is it one of them?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts