Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a 2002 c200 Kompressor a pair of weeks ago. I've been getting familiar with the car, reading the instructions manual, but something i can't find (neither in manual nor trying) its how to make fast forward or rev of tracks on CDs. Buttons on player only make track skips but no search. If anyone knows how to i will appreciate your help. Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congrats to your new car! I've had my C200 Kompressor for almost a year now and I couldn't be happier with it. <br>
<br>
Now to answer your question. You can NOT search tracks with the Audio 10. I think this is the only major disadvantage with this audio-system. Believe me, I've tried for almost a year to search tracks, but it won't work. Also, nothing is mentioned in the manual that points out that it should be possible. <br>
<br>
Greetings from a Swedish C200K owner!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so the up down triangles and the left right triangles w/ the lines do the same thing?<br> <br> on my car, i think the left right skips songs. and the up/down fast forwards/reverses (or the other way around :D forget exactly)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The left/right skips tracks. The up/down don't do anything. They are used to select a CD if the CD-changer is installed.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the US model is a little different

that kinda sucks...<br> <br> i just tried mine. the left/right w/ the lines skip tracks. the up/down triangles seek forward/backward in a track. and the numberpad is used to select the cds

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Numberpad??

What number pad? I don't have any numberpad on my Audio 10. Only the left|right up-down buttons on the left side and a similar looking 1|2 3-4 button to the right. Doesn't the changer hold 6 CDs? <br> <br> Well I agree this kinda sucks..<br> <br> /DtS

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sorry, i don't have an audio10 model.

i have that tape deck model but the left knob/button looks the same as the audio 10. <br>
<br>
on the right hand side is a numberpad like the telephone (i think if you have a phone connected, you can use it to make calls). yes, only 6 cds so 1-6 correspond to the cd. if you hit the *(i think) button and a number, you can goto a specific track (like track *14).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Audio 30 bad, Audio 10 good

I bought the Audio 10 CD and can't wait to replace the Audio 30 Cassette. The Audio 10 is supposed to sound way better, provide RDS (display station call letters on dash display), and has a CD player to replace the archaic cassette. I paid $243 total for it on ebay.de (cost, shipping, exchange fees and wire transfer fee). From what I heard you can not ff/rew on the Audio 10 but I never used that feature on the current radio anyway.<br> <br> I'm pretty sure the Audio 30 was a joke MB played on Americans to get even for WW II. No modern radio should sound that bad, even on a Hyundai.

·
Registered
BMW E60 & SLK 280 R171
40 Posts
setting audio 10 with RDS to repeat single track

that's not the only short coming - i can't set the darn thing to repeat a single track - it can do random - but that's it.

btw considering an upgrade to COMAND

1 - 11 of 11 Posts