Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a bunch of chrome gauge rings a while ago but could never figure out how to remove the gauge case...I looked it up but nothing actually told how to do it, diagrams would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I bought a bunch of chrome gauge rings a while ago but could never figure out how to remove the gauge case...I looked it up but nothing actually told how to do it, diagrams would be awesome.

Thanks in advance.
its actualy very easy, once you take the cluster out (without fucking it up with the hooks, just remove the side vent and push it from behind with your hand...unless you are body-builder and have extra large forearm :D)

there are two little screws that you take out from behind of the cluster to separate the black casing with glass from the white cluster body.
Once you have those undone there are clips/locks on the botom that you can lift with little scredriver and slide the black glass bit off,
Clip your cluster rings on from inside (the big one is bit tricky to slide in but its flexible) also they may not clip on properly, so you will either need to file down that non visible part of the ring....or glue them which i dont recommend.
But give it a try and let me know, i did my with some light modification to the rings (so they can be removed without any trace) and it looks perfect...

·
Registered
681 Posts
Hey guys, after recently having my odometer bulbs replaced in my cluster, It seems i have this wining noise coming from the cluster from the rpm's as they get higher between the 2-3k range. I suspect some mechanism needs to be lubircated possibly?

Anybody know what exactly and where this could be and if i need to remove the cluster and lube something.

Thanks as always.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts