Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Why would you do that???

These cars have only been out for a year, and are all still under warranty. If you're having a problem, why don't you just take it to the dealer?!?<p>: DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO TAKE APART THE DOOR MIRRORS SO THAT I CAN CHANGE THE LED'S ON THE MIRROR TURN SIGNAL.<br><p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Why would you do that???

: These cars have only been out for a year, and are all still under warranty. If you're having a problem, why don't you just take it to the dealer?!?<p>: DOES ANY ONE KNOW HOW TO TAKE APART THE DOOR MIRRORS SO THAT I CAN CHANGE THE LED'S ON THE MIRROR TURN SIGNAL.<br><p><p>TO CHANGE COLOR.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Can't you just leave well enough alone?? The C is now attracting the same juvenile ricers that Audi, BMW and Lexus has.<p>Sheesh!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree.

I was afraid the answer was going to be something like that.<p>The average age of the outgoing C buyer was 48 years old. MB is trying to get a younger buyer. I think they have succeeded, which is fortunate in some sense, but unfortunate in others (i.e. get ready to see some "phat" C classes on the road, "slammed" with "20 inch Chromes" (just like you see on MTV videos, gansta, man!), blue turnsignals, "Powered by Daimler-Chrysler" stickers, noisemaker exhausts, etc. Just try to suppress the urge to vomit, and drive on . . . <p>: Can't you just leave well enough alone?? The C is now attracting the same juvenile ricers that Audi, BMW and Lexus has.<p>Sheesh!<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Come on guys...

I don't find such modifications to my taste, either, but be fair. If the guy wants to modify his car and he can afford it and he doesn't care if he gets a ticket, then let him.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

: Can't you just leave well enough alone?? The C is now attracting the same juvenile ricers that Audi, BMW and Lexus has.<p>Sheesh!<br>TO SET THE RCORD STRIGHT I WORKED HARD TO GET TO MY STATUS. BY FAR I'N NOT A KID.I HAVE NO RICE CHARACTERISTICS. THANKS FOR THE ADVICE<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm a 16 year-old C Class diver.

I have a C320 with sport package, but would never add any cheap parts to it. My future plans for teh car arwe to add a Lorinser body kit, and add 18" Lorinser LM-1 wheels(not 20" chromes). Many young drivers want to modify their cars to make them different from every other C on the road. There is always the desire to be different.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I always laugh when I hear about . . .

teenagers and their need for "individuality" and desire to be "different." Because in their quest for such "individuality," they invariably conform to an unwritten code that is stricter than a military dress code.<p>Which is why they generally dress alike, have the same haircut, etc., and even modify their cars in almost the exact same ways. People in their teenage years, in general, are scared to death of being different from their peers, and conform more to peer pressure and social codes than they will at any other time in their life.<p>Teen "punk rockers" are the best. They are supposedly the consummate "individualists" yet they conform to a dress code that is so strict its not even funny. The same jackets, with the same names on the back, the exact same jeans (seemingly torn in the exact same way), the exact same boots and chains, etc.<p><br>: I have a C320 with sport package, but would never add any cheap parts to it. My future plans for teh car arwe to add a Lorinser body kit, and add 18" Lorinser LM-1 wheels(not 20" chromes). Many young drivers want to modify their cars to make them different from every other C on the road. There is always the desire to be different.<p>

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
17 year old C-coupe and C320 driver

I have a 230Coupe and a 320 sport sedan. I have both 19 inch wheels from brabus, it is excellent to drive with these wheels.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts