Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 ML320 CDi, 3.0-litre Diesel 7G-Tronic
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video is very clear:

You may find a magnet handy for picking up the nuts for the main battery holding bracket, it's a deep narrow well.

If anybody has more advice or any better videos then do please add it/them.

·
Registered
2009 ML350 164.186 / 272.967 / 722.9
54 Posts
Thanks, Santa! Great video, of course also useful for replacing the main battery. Is it true that it is not necessary to actually fully remove the passenger seat, but merely slide it all the way back?

·
Registered
2007 E320 Bluetec, 2008 320ML CDI
2,495 Posts
Standard method is to move the seat all of the way forward and the rear tilted up all of the way as well.
I found it easier to remove the seat as there are four bolts and a handful of electric connectors. The seat itself was not unduly heavy, just a bit awkward. Provides ample room to work on the batteries.
Skippy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2009 ML350 164.186 / 272.967 / 722.9
54 Posts
I'll probably have to do this fairly soon - going on 11 years with originals, I believe. I had to remove the driver's seat last year to remove a AA battery from the heat vent. After I re-assembled it, it threw an SRS code that I had to clear with an icarsoft scan tool. Not heavy to remove, I agree.

·
Registered
2006 ML320 CDi, 3.0-litre Diesel 7G-Tronic
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi chaps, thanks for your input.

It's the first Mercedes I've owned where there is so much daft design built in.

I haven't yet replaced mine but I got a heads-up and researched it, and found this video, it's the clearest I found, others are next to useless.

Do please add any info you have here, since I didn't find it you can bet others won't either.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts