Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLK Avantgarde
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got a very annoying plastic shaking noise coming from the passenger side door.

i've managed to narrow the noise down to be the wood to the left of the handle that you use to open the door with.

does anyone know or can anyone advise on how to remove the plastic behind the door handle and the wood panel to the left of this?

would be most appreciated!

Thanks

·
Registered
2000 CLK430 Coupe
653 Posts
send me a PM with your email address and I'll send you the WIS...may take me a couple of days so hang tight.

·
Registered
CLK 430
171 Posts
You have to take the door off completely

To do this...

There are 5 screws.

Open your door, and there are 3 small screws holding the chrome thing on the backside of the door about 4 inches behind your door lock pins. Next Screw, Look on your door panel and there is an SRS icon, that off and there is a screw behind there. The last one which is the hardest to get to is behind your actual door pull you use to slam the door (not to open the door). Here is how to remove it. Open the door, lay on the ground beneath it and look under the door pull, You will see a small slit, which you can stick a flathead screwdriver in and pop it off. Once you get the door pull off you will see the main screw. Take that off and the last thing you need to do is pop off the plastic clips around the edges of the door. Take a butter knife to do that. The door cover will slide upward to come off. Be sure to disconnect door lock cable.

·
Registered
Mercedes-Benz CLK Avantgarde
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
cheers but i have taken the door off before, but i dont recall seeing anything from within that allows you to touch the panel im wanting to rectify.

unless someone can tell me otherwise?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts