Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Please teach me on how to remove the top cover of the 2008 MB CLK 350.
My purpose is to get the engine number of the car. is there any special tools needed? do you have any videos or pictures showing on how to remove it? So that i could get the engine number at the left back part of the engine.

Thank You so much
2008clk350

·
Premium Member
2004 CLK 240 Coupe
11,377 Posts
Hi

1. First raise the hood into the 'vertical' position by releasing the red catch on one side of the supports. This saves your knuckles when it pops off!

2. Disconnect/pull off the left/right air inlet tubes from the cover by pulling them towards the front. They are designed to slide off this way.

3. Now grasp the cover firmly on both sides (the air filters) and jerk-lift quickly upwards. It is only held on by 4 clips, 2 at the front, 2 at the rear. You may have more success working first on the rear clips, then the front.

Best understood by seeing the cover removed. This is from my 2004 CLK with V6 engine, so your cover may look slightly different. You can clearly see the 4 clips in the corners. When re-fitting, locate carefully on the engine studs, and press firmy down, making sure that the air inlet is engaged correctly. A fist thump on the top usually ensures a snug fit - otherwise you will get error messages about bad mixture issues.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Very much for your time to give me idea on this,
I shall check it on weekend. Thanks soooo much

2008CLK350 :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts