Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I try to take off the all headlight unit to replace the Hella smoke headlight can anyone tell me how to reomve the headlight unit.<br> <br> Thanks for your help.<br> <br> Jason

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
WOW! May not be worth the trouble!...

No instruction with the Hella smoke lenses? What a bummer! I believe the W210 Headlight unit is supposed to be sealed to prevent water and moisture. Separating the lenses and replacing it will destroy the factory seal causing water to enter. Does the kit come with glue or sealant or recommend using a glue or something. Extra difficult if you have the headlamp washers.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The Hella smoke headlihgt is completely unit not just lenses

Hi e55kev, thanks for your reply but the headlight I got is the completely headlight unit, not just the lenses, the only thing I need is to take off the old headlight unit and put the new smoke headlight unit in.<br> <br> Thanks<br> <br> Jeff

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Re: The Hella smoke headlihgt is completely unit not just lenses

I have the Hella HID with the black insides. I am not a technician, but I was able to remove the headlights by myself without instructions (the dealership did not want to mess with it as they do not encourage this sort of thing). It is not too difficult, but it takes time and is a bit tricky but If I can do it, anybody can! If I had a digital camera, I would post pix. These black headlights on a silver car look much better than the stock silver. In order to enhance the black effect, I am thinking about painting my chrome grill black. Anyone here try that?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: The Hella smoke headlihgt is completely unit not just lenses

Here is a pix of the black Headlights (not my car) I am thinking about painting my grill black to match the black headlights. What do you think?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
need some tips to remove it thanks

Hi Jeffrey, thansk for your reply, is that possible you can give me tips to remove the headlight unit , I have already remove some screws from the front and it can move a bit but there's washer cover at the front of headlihgt unit so there's no way to pull it out from the front. Please give me some tips or instructions.<br> <br> Thanks for your help.<br> <br> Jason

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: need some tips to remove it thanks

I'd be lying if I said I could recall how I did it. It was a while ago. Keep trying. Just remember not to force anything too much.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You have to remove the entire Headlight Washer Cover First...

Putting that washer cover back correctly will be tricky. I had a HID headlight replaced under warranty and the dealer technicians did not aim the headlights nor put the washer back in correctly. I had to remove the washer plate and reinstall myself. Do one side at a time.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On up to 99 W210 e-class removing the headlights assembly is pretty straightforward.<br> Three screws (one top and two bottom) hold the assembly to the chassis. Need only to remove the small plate covering the bottom of the headlights beforehand to access two bottom screws. <br> <br> On 2000 and newer W210, it is much harder since in order to take the bottom two screw, you need to practically remove the front bumper.<br> <br> HTH

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for your information

Hi E55MKB, Thanks for your help and I will try to find some resoure to pull out the front bumper.<br> <br> Thanks<br> <br> Jason

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
One BAD looking Wagon

I have the exact model wagon and I like your (or your friends) wagon setup. How did you lower the car? Was the autoleveling feature compromised? What kind of wheels (size and specs please) are those? Any other pictures? Please send me an email so we can compare notes. If not yours, please tell me how to contact the owner. [email protected]

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
looking for the hella smoke headlight or just the lenes where can I buy it..??

same as topic where can I buy the hella smoke headlights for W210 or just the lenes is ok too....<br>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts