Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
1998 E320 base sedan @ 160kmiles
7,215 Posts
You need to get the SRS system scanned for codes to find out what it wrong, fix the problem and clear the fault code with the scanner. You need some repair shop with a special scanner to access the SRS (or Airbag) module.

·
Registered
E250 Bluetec Sprinter250 Bluetec
37,026 Posts
90 % of the cases on W210 is broken wire on passenger seat sensor.
You need to remove the seat and flip it upside down to access the sensor and measure wire connectivity. Broken wire most of the time is close to the seating pad, so some flexible fingers are required for the job.
Once you fix it, the light will go off on its own.

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2000 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
3,177 Posts
You can also get a SRS malfunction light on if you disconnect any electrical connection on the SRS system with the ignition on.

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
You can also get a SRS malfunction light on if you disconnect any electrical connection on the SRS system with the ignition on.
Right... SRS stuff can be seriously dangerous. There is no room for guesswork. I would get the SRS module scanned, and find out exactly what is wrong.

·
Registered
37,026 Posts
It is easy to give an advice "buy a scanner" when it comes to US members (although even here not too many want to spend $150 for troubleshooting at dealer) , but bear in mind that in some countries a scanner cost -equals to weekly wages and evidently getting 1 by OP is difficult.
So having 90% chances that 1/2 hr of wire repair will fix the issue without a scanner, that is good bet in my books.

·
Registered
1999 E320, 2000 E320, 2003 E320 Wagon, 2005 C230K SS, 2010 Accord LX w Eibach & Koni FSD's
3,177 Posts
It is easy to give an advice "buy a scanner" when it comes to US members (although even here not too many want to spend $150 for troubleshooting at dealer) , but bear in mind that in some countries as a scanner cost -equals to weekly wages and evidently getting 1 by OP is difficult.
So having 90% chances that 1/2 hr of wire repair will fix the issue without a scanner, that is good bet in my books.
That is true.

It is also true that if you live in one of those countries and own a Mercedes, you're probably better off than most living there.

Just realized OP lives in UAE. Maybe a MB is your average car there?

·
Premium Member
7,215 Posts
That is true.

It is also true that if you live in one of those countries and own a Mercedes, you're probably better off than most living there.

Just realized OP lives in UAE. Maybe a MB is your average car there?
Right. Nobody asked him to buy a scanner anyway. Any decent repair shop should be able to read the SRS codes., and tell him what the problem is. in 5 minutes, rather than guessing.

·
Registered
37,026 Posts
Shows how little real life experience you have mrboca.
BTW. Rich people in UAE don't drive 20 years old cars.

·
Registered
37,026 Posts
How about some pictures of the car?
If you plan to keep it, learn how to use stickies. We do have huge wealth of information generated in previous years here.
At present we come here mostly for whining.

·
Registered
3,177 Posts
Comeon man it is E55
Nice! Would be helpful if you update your profile with that information............especially if you're seeking information/help on this site for your vehicle.

Surprised ...................Khomer 2 hasn't posted that request yet.

Reactions: Kajtek1

·
Registered
2004 CLK 55 AMG, 2003 SL 500, 2001 E320 Wagon
6 Posts
I had the passenger seat occupancy sensor issue on my 1999 e320 wagon. If that is the issue, the airbag light on the panel with the window switches near the shifter will also light up, no?
I “fixed” the issue by buying a occupancy sensor simulator on eBay, as I am too old for kids in the front seat and was going to drive the car into the ground. (Btw it died at 305k miles when it was rear ended) I agree it best to scan if possible, but if both the srs light and the little airbag lights are both on, the occupancy simulator is a cheap fix as long as kids are never allowed in the front seat.

·
Outstanding Contributor , SDS Guru
1998 MB E300TD, 1997 MB E36 AMG, 2001 MB E55 AMG
4,343 Posts
Teleaid will also trigger SRS light. Will need to disable it to turn off SRS light.

·
Registered
2001-W210-CAPRI METALIC BLUE-/ 2002-W210 E300D
916 Posts
OMG people are still having this issue
Many years ago I did a picture / diy tutorial on how to fix this correctly
I am sure it is in the stickies above
not really hard by all means before you by a sensor, check for
simple broken wire fix
really easy
B

1 - 20 of 24 Posts