Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all.

I need to replace my front left guard/wing fender (whatever you want to call it) and was wondering if anyone could outline the best way to do it? Ive had a look and it seems ill have to take out the headlight and remove the bumper?
Hopefully someoen can give me some tips, save me a few hours fluffing about trying to figure the best way to to it.

cheers

·
Registered
1984 190D 2.2
2,458 Posts
You don't need to have the bumper off to remove the headlight, but it will make it alot easier. I believe there are two bolts on each side that hold the bumper on.

·
IR MODERATOR
1996 Volvo 855GLT, 1993 MB 190e 2.3 8v, 1998 Subaru Outback SUS, 1991 BMW 525, 1998 MB C230
9,228 Posts
the bumper on thee are easily taken out so it will make ur life much easier.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the tips guys. replaced it yesterday. was all straight foward apart from one bolt thats was rusted out at the bottom so have to take off the inner fender cover (black plastic lining) so I could get someting on the nut to hold it still.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi does any one know how to get to the 2 bolts at the bottom of the fronts wings on a 2011 E250 CDI SPT cabriolet, got the rest out just cant see how to get to the bolt heads any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts