·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.

Unfortunately my Benz has been SMASHED
:crybaby2::crybaby2::crybaby2:

I've been able to get the bumper cover off along w/ the styrofoam but behind that is a large strong metal bumper reinforcemnt bar that goes all the way from side to side.

It appears to be completely welded in but I've read that other makes/models usually have them simply bolted in.

Does anyone know how this is supposed to come off? A lot of you guys have very handy diagrams on what seems to be any part of the car.

1999 CLK 320
Front Bumper

I hope someone knows !!

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just did it.EASY
The metal bumper inter is just spot welded on 4-6 spots top and bottom,each side, bottom first
Go get a spot weld cutter(harbor Freight-4-6 bucks)it fits in a drill (small hole cutter w a pilot center)
take a small drill bit and put a little divit in the center of the spotweld(so the center of the cutter wont drift).
Drill away slowly and that metal bumper will be off in about 15 minutes.
Ive seen them for sale aftermarket cheap,
Hope that helps

·
Registered
1999 CLK 320
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks.. Mine seemed to be welded onto two guide rails towards the center of the car underneath the radiator as well as a separate rail by each headlight making it welded to 4 pieces total. The problem is I can't seem to access the welds on the 2 center rails because the radiator is in the way. I even tried cutting a hole so I could access the welds head on but then I discovered more metal to cut through!

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.