Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am replacing my Left (drivers side) fog light. Has anyone replaced fog lamps that could walk me through the procedure? Thanks in advance.
Are you replacing the bulb or the whole lamp? Bulb is much easier but still have to go threw the same place. Look under the fog light there a little access door/opening under the bumper. Get a large flat stubdy and turn the plastic piece that lock the door. One the door swing down you can access the bulb or fog light.

TO remove bulb just unlatch the metal handle that hold the fog light cover in place. Everything else is pretty straight forward.

To remove the fog light itseft first unlug the connector than you have to uncrew 2 bolts holding it in. Once you look inside the bumper opening you will see it.

·
W203, W210 Moderator
6,905 Posts
^^yes it's easier to take the fog lamps off if you remove the bumper, or if you you have a lift, remove the fornt end cover underneath to get access to the fog lamps.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just replaced the fog light. You do NOT have to pull the front bumper off, nothing even remotely close. For anyone else doing this, once you remove the bottom tray, the fog light has three screws, all three a pointed directly down and a socket will fit with no clearance problems. Take the two top screws that hold on the foglight bracket off and the bottom center screw and it will drop right out. You will need the bracket for the new light. Entire procedure took 15 minutes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Has anyone replaced a EIS/electronic ignition switch on a 1998 e-320? If anyone can refer me to a DIY forum would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, JM

·
Registered
9 Posts
Just replaced the fog light. You do NOT have to pull the front bumper off, nothing even remotely close. For anyone else doing this, once you remove the bottom tray, the fog light has three screws, all three a pointed directly down and a socket will fit with no clearance problems. Take the two top screws that hold on the foglight bracket off and the bottom center screw and it will drop right out. You will need the bracket for the new light. Entire procedure took 15 minutes.
THANK YOU ! ! !

·
Registered
51 Posts
Glass or Plastic?

Don't know how it happened, but my left driving/fog lamp lens busted. '98 SL500. Are these lenses glass or plastic? Mine appears to be glass. I see several for sale that are not "genuine" parts - has anyone tried one, and if so, how's the quality? Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts