Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know how to remove center armrest lid. I have to recover the thing with a better cover than the charcoal leather... its not holding up well at all.... thankyou

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just took mine off for the same reason. I squeezed both tabs at the same time and gently worked them loose, then slid the whole lid assembly forward to release the rear half. I haven't figured out how to get it back on, though... Any ideas?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks zach for telling me how to disassemble it

Just took mine off for the same reason. I squeezed both tabs at the same time and gently worked them loose, then slid the whole lid assembly forward to release the rear half. I haven't figured out how to get it back on, though... Any ideas?
now im just gonna go to the dealer and get the proper assistance to put it back together

·
Registered
2 Posts
Getting it back on was pretty much the reverse of taking it off.

I started by putting the rear hinges back in place, one side at a time. You have to reach underneath and spread the tabs open while sliding it into place. Make sure you have the seats out of the way, because the first one I did (passenger) had to be at an angle and with the lid 3/4 closed before it grabbed. The second one is a little harder, but it will go in so long as you keep the tab on the underside pushed back.

Once you have both rear hinges attached, press the two release buttons at the same time and wiggle the pins into their slots on the front. Then pull the front handle to pop it into place.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts