Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
W164 GL450, W221 S550, R230 SL600TT, R170 SLK230, W140 S500, More
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heres a question, my front bumber (the plastic) is cracked from a parking lot whoops, and it looks like crap. Does anybody know how to remove the front bumper? I know a guy who has a perfect one he will sell to me so all I need to know is how to R&R it. It looks like the spoiler/ground effects/chin thingamajig is part of it, which is great because mine is all cracked up. After changing that, my car will look like new again!! Thanks:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Get underneath the car, remove the undercover shield. Now with your back flat on the ground and your body in the middle front of the car, look up and find two botls on your right shoulder and two bolts on your left shoulder (4 in total). The bolts are tighten up vertically. Now from this position look to your far left and right where the bumper curves, around the tip of the bumper there should be one screw (One for each side). I'd personally remove these first instead of the bumpers ones which would put more pressure on the side screws.

Good luck.

·
Registered
W164 GL450, W221 S550, R230 SL600TT, R170 SLK230, W140 S500, More
696 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you were right!

Hey Thanks you were right, it was so easy my little sister could do it! There was also one little bolt that you reach from above the car, right where the grill meets the bumper. Very simple to swap out, now I no longer have a cracked up bumper and the car looks great again. Will post some pics soon....thanks again! :thumbsup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts