1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
E320 2000
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

E320 YR2000

i have 2 ECUs i want to swap the old by new one.where as they are diffirent number. that is mean i need prgramming new ECU to start up car.

my question is can i do it by merceds star c3 devise and what i need to do this?
because i hear i should find out a pin code is it right?

note: I want to do this becaue the new ECU is the original & has more function

regards

·
Outstanding Contributor W221 Moderator
2010 E350 P1/P2, 2008 S550 Designo, 2002 ML320
1,980 Posts
Not at all, just have no idea how to help you, sorry. :surrender:

·
Registered
E320 2000
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh thanx for ur response. i will do my best if iget it i will tell u ^_~

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
Yes you can program a new ECU by star system c3. Once mine in simulation mode, I played with it. You can play with your c3 in simulation mode and see if you can figure it out. All you need is your c3 but it is a complicated process. I do not remember any pin was needed but program was asking for some info or string of numbers that I did not have.

I also remember, in the features, It was possible to record the info from the old one and transfer it to the new one. There were many options that you can explore to program your new ECU. The best way will be, after the simulation if you feel comfortable doing it, put your old ECU safe somewhere and insert the new one and program that. In case you fail you still have the old one.

Even though if you take it to dealer It should not take more than 10 min to program it and will probably charge you an hour... thats also an option. I personly will chose the dealer for this since your program on your c3 may not be updated for ECU and you transfer an old programe to your ECU which may create tons of problems.

Good luck.

·
Outstanding Contributor Always Remembered RIP
216 with everything. 2002 SL500 with everything. 2009 SL500 with everything.
6,543 Posts
If it is a brand new uncoded one then OK for it has to match the steering lock and the EIS

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
As I explained above, there are many options to program an ECU. Used or new does not make any difference since you can initialize to default before final program. What is important is the strings which I believe represents the car (model/engine/chassie/options etc.) Wrong string, your car will not run properly since ECU programed for a different car. I remember that Mercedes made alot of modification to ECU program for better performance and the question is, is your c3 updated to the latest program? Thats why dealer is the best option in my openion.

·
Registered
E320 2000
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
dear Eagleone:D
you are very smart ;)

see I will contact with you later to teach me how to do this. or would you please support ur expermint by pics or vedio then I will preceate that.

thanx again :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2001 E430 4matic
419 Posts
Use your DAS simulation everything is there. I replied to your e-mail and explained where about you can find it. Unfortunately I will not be able to create video etc. best way to learn is practice in DAS simulation.

Take care

1 - 9 of 9 Posts