Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 C300
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

i just got the c300 2011 in california, there is a ipod connector inside the glove box. i connected my ipod, and a message appears on my ipod saying that the ipod is connected as a media device (sort of like that). but, i couldnt find a way to play music from the audio menu, there is no menu that can show me the music list or to play the ipod. can someone help? or could this be that my audio menu is not compatible for ipod? which means the ipod connector inside the glove box is just for charging?

thx.

·
Registered
08 C300
300 Posts
Go to Audio on the top row of options; click it and select AUX. Then you can control the ipod from there (ie from the steering wheel)

·
Registered
08 C300
300 Posts
So you plug on the ipod into the car input. Then select AUX option from the screen, you won't be able to see any of songs on the screen. Using your steering wheel controls, go into the main computer options and go to Audio -> AUX, using that I can change the track if its on a playlist or I think it just shuffles.
Hope that helps

·
Registered
08 C300
300 Posts
That doesn't make any sense. I'm guessing to as MB next time you go in for a service or something.

·
Registered
2011 E350 Estate, Wife's 2014 C350 sedan
29 Posts
Finding the IPod

In my 2011 E Class I have the "Media Interface" Cable in the glove box.
I connect my IPod to the "Media Interface" cable and in the command control I select Audio, Media Interface and it shows the information from my IPod: Play lists, artist, song, albums. etc...
Using "One Click Digital" from my local library, I even download audio books and listen to them while on trips.
If you don't the the Media Interface, check with your dealer to see if it is hooked up correctly.
Cheers

·
Registered
254 Posts
@kvh: You may possibly have the iPod Integration Kit, in which case it is controlled through the speedo screen, not the media screen. IMO there would be no other reason to encounter just an iPod connector in the glove box, as the Media interface UMI would come with several different connectors and the iPod would have shown up in the media screen.

Attached is the manual, if you do have an iPod Integration Kit installed.

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.