Mercedes-Benz Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2007 CLK350
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2007 CLK350 Cabriolet comes with a Mercedes Benz Bluetooth adapter that can connect to my iPhone X to receive calls. I have tried playing music through this and it does not seem to work. This car does not come with the AUX input and also does not have the connector needed to install an AUX female jack so it is impossible to play music through AUX. If I activate siri on my iPhone, I can hear her talking through the car's speakers, and if I make a call, I can hear the person speaking through the car's speakers as well. So, I'm 100% sure it is possible to play music through the Bluetooth I just need to navigate through the car's computer and find the right setting. Anyone have step by step instructions on how this is done? Uploaded are the pictures of the Bluetooth adapter and the audio/telephone system.

Thank you

Attachments

·
Registered
2007 CLK280 Sport Convertible
32 Posts
If all else fails you could use a Bluetooth to FM adapter that transmits at a set frequency to your radio??? I have a 2007 clk too but I have Comand and am able to use the aux input for a Bluetooth receiver from my phone. My phone Bluetooth puck in the centre console only works with phone calls

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,750 Posts
The radio does have an AUX input, but you may be missing the wiring. Double check in your glove compartment that there isn't a 2.5mm jack on the right wide. If not, you can install it:

MWSTEWART.CO.UK | iPod/AUX in for COMAND 2.0/APS and Audio 20/50

To activate AUX input, your press and hold the CDC button until "AUX" is displayed ont he radio's screen.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same setup with blue tooth.. mb parts guy told me i wouldnt be able to play music through speakers.. i do have ipod connector that i was able to convert to lightning for my iphone and i can play through speakers.. you could also try a fm transmitter and bluetooth through it to fm radio

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 CLK350
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am willing to try the fm transmitter. So, can you explain please how this works? Also, where do you find the iPod connector? I might have it, I just don't know yet where to look for it. I have the CD changer installed in the glovebox and it is plugged in with two cables, one for power and the other for data. These cables look like they can only connect to the CD changer and nothing else. I removed the passenger side carpet and opened the slot where all the cables and connectors run through, and I found out I do not have the white connector that I need for an AUX which means I cannot install an AUX cord that goes up into the glovebox and installs into the small hole. If I am wrong about this let me know. I did, however, find a black connector with the numbers 09 6525 02 on it. Is there a cord that plugs into this and has a female AUX end that I can install?

Thanks.

·
Registered
2006 CLK 350 Convertible
695 Posts
It may not be your MB, but your phone you have to adjust. On my android phone when playing music I have an icon called smart share and when I tap that all the bluetooth devices I have paired with the phone pop up and I just choose the device, like MB 350 for my MB, and it plays through my radio. Of course I have to choose Bluetooth on the radio first.

·
Coupe/Convertible Forums Moderator
CURRENT: 2011 SL550 FORMER: C300, ML350, CLK550 Cabriolet, C240, ML320, 300TD
24,750 Posts
It may not be your MB, but your phone you have to adjust. On my android phone when playing music I have an icon called smart share and when I tap that all the bluetooth devices I have paired with the phone pop up and I just choose the device, like MB 350 for my MB, and it plays through my radio. Of course I have to choose Bluetooth on the radio first.
The factory MB radio and cell phone interface do not have "Streaming" capabilities.

·
Premium Member
2005 CLK500 w/50K
869 Posts
6 years ago I got the iPod kit from MB of San Fran.

Put it in myself, required access to back of Comand system.

I ran the jack into the glove box, but you could probably put it i the console.

I have an old iPhone 4S in the glove box. Quickest to pick music on the iPhone and put back in glove box, but you can also use the steering wheel controls if you have few days.

Keeps the iPhone charged and music sounds better than the CD system or FM radio. I tried an FM transmitter, it sucked beyond words.

Can use newer iPhone too, my X even works with adapter.

·
Registered
2005 CLK 320 black/black
34 Posts
iadimitrovski,
I solved this for my 2005 CLK. First you need to purchase and install the aux cable connector as in rudeney's post here (<$30). Then check out my post on this thread:

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Coupe/Convertible Forums > C209/A209 CLK-Class > bluetooth module connector hide and seek

I'm streaming from my phone now via the "CDC" button on my stereo.

This was easy to do once you have all the parts.

Good luck!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.