Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 GLE500
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone.

We recently had our 2015 GLE500 serviced and the battery replaced, all of a sudden after 6months of ownership the auto stop / start has started working.
Besides being annoying as all hell, the car has turbos and I don't want to fork out for replacements

Anyone know of a hack to turn off by default? I know it's possible because it hasn't worked until now.
Yes I know you can just press the button to disable, but i'd prefer to have it back the way it was.

Any assistance is really appricated!
(I also posted this in the GLE forum but this seems like a better audience)
Thanks!

·
Registered
2005 CLK320
496 Posts
Hi everyone.

We recently had our 2015 GLE500 serviced and the battery replaced, all of a sudden after 6months of ownership the auto stop / start has started working.
Besides being annoying as all hell, the car has turbos and I don't want to fork out for replacements

Anyone know of a hack to turn off by default? I know it's possible because it hasn't worked until now.
Yes I know you can just press the button to disable, but i'd prefer to have it back the way it was.

Any assistance is really appricated!
(I also posted this in the GLE forum but this seems like a better audience)
Thanks!
It can be turned off using SDS and Vediamo software.I don't think the dealerships do it for you.
You need to find sombody that has it or get your own.
Where are you located?
Paul

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2015 GLE500
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Perth, Australia
I’ll see what I can dig up on that software.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
300 Posts
Thanks. Perth, Australia
I’ll see what I can dig up on that software.
SDS will not do this by default. An "altered" version may, but this is not anything dealers would have access to and is there only for manufacturing plant and supplier use. Vediamo is also a manufacturing-only piece of software that is not supposed to be used outside of Daimler engineering facilities. It is a very technical piece of software that no dealer would have access to, and likely few dealer technicians have even heard of.

With that said, if you chose to go down that road yourself, be advised it is very technical and requires a deep understanding of the vehicle's control module names, versions, and how the setting is changed that you desire to change. It is also almost all in German language.

I am not trying to advise you - just giving you a heads up. If you decide to go this route and are not familiar with the information above, do as @Paul said and contact someone that can take care of it in 10 minutes for you and have little risk of breaking anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts