Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My key opens the doors but not the boot! When the battery hadn't the strength to start the engine I removed it but now I can't open the boot to replace the battery! How can I get into the boot?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried the fuse box without success. I think the problem is that when I removed the battery I replaced it with a small battery before closing the boot. At the time the key opened the locks! Unfortunately I went on holiday and when I got back I found myself in this spot!
Where can I find the 'jump point'? I thought about running jump leads to the starter motor but access is not easy - the car jack is in the boot!

·
Registered
1997 W202-C180 Classic, smoke silver metallic, Lowered
271 Posts
there should be the ground, which is any point of the car body and there is a little black box near the ECU with an X on the top with wires leading out of it, this is the positive.
Don't try starting the car with these points but you should get enough power through to open the boot.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Boot opener

Magic! Many thanks. It looks as though the problem is the alarm since all indicators are flashing. Do you know how to reset the alarm?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts