Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed that there were some comments previsouly on how to make the alarm not 'Chirp'. Im sure there may be differences on the many W210 models but on my 1996 model I have seperate key that I can turn on the back of the alarm under the hood to make it audible or muted. The indicators still flash and the door LED and mirror LED.

Attachments

·
Registered
SLK320, MKV Jetta TDI, Mini Cooper S, Lincoln Mark LT
1,712 Posts
We don't have that module here in the US. That must be part of the Netherlands package? The Netherlands Mode sets the alarm system to chirp when locking the doors. The dealership can hook up and change this if they have a good relationship with the owner.

·
Registered
R230 SL350 Presnt, Past - W208 CLK230K 2000, W203 C Class, W202 C Class, W210 E Class, W201 190E
1,459 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Blue LED indication for car alarm locking.

This must be a European thing, then.?:( My wife has a C class and the same option applies with the key and muting the alarm. I personally keep both cars on mute, and the way I know that the doors are locked is by looking for the flashing indicators or the LED on the door and rear view mirror and to be sure the door pins are down. The thing is my windows are tinted so sometimes its hard to see the door pins go down, so what I have done is carefully re-sessed some ultra bright blue LED into the rear view miror wired to the interior light. This way when the doors are locked the blue LED will distinguish when the interior light goes out. If they dont then I know that the car in not locked. !:)

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts