Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search (maybe not well enough) on what products I should use on my MB-Text in my new 08 C300.

Any suggestions? Is it the same as leather? I have grey and I noticed that a friend's over-dyed blue jeans left a bit of dye on my seats.

·
Registered
3,401 Posts
it's mb-tex, not "text." perhaps do the search again and you will get better results. It is certainly not the same as leather. mb tex stands for "mercedes benz textured vinyl." the manual says only to use soap and water. i finish with 303 aerospace protectant.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it's mb-tex, not "text." perhaps do the search again and you will get better results. It is certainly not the same as leather. mb tex stands for "mercedes benz textured vinyl." the manual says only to use soap and water. i finish with 303 aerospace protectant.
dispite spelling it wrong in my post, i did search it correctly as MB-Tex. In Canada, they refer to it as ARTICO Leather....lol.

Any idea on removing stains? ANy type of soap. My manual has not arrived. some Canadian cars were shipped without manuals

·
Registered
24 Posts
Clean it just like vinyl.

NEW = warm water + light soap on a sponge or towel. Interior QD product. Dress with product of your choice.

Dirty = Diluted degreaser and a brush or a Vapor cleaner. (my tool of choice, no chemicals) Dry, dress with product fo your choice.

I have no pictures of a recently completed Mercedes interior or I would post it.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hey edm17el,

Start out by trying soap and water like alexnatt suggested, after that you can apply some type of Vinyl Protection.

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

Thanks,

·
Registered
42 Posts
I used Lexol's vinyl cleaner/conditioner product, which I think is called Vinylex or something very similar to that, for years on my '75 114 with MB Tex. It worked well to clean things and my interior looked new when I finally let the car go in '05, with 275k miles on it. I used to get the stuff at Target or an auto parts store, and it's in a blue spray bottle where the Lexol leather care stuff is.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze" Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner from their professional line of proudcts. I got one years ago at Canadian Tire. Worked well with the MB-Tex in my '84 190D.

Meguiar's also has the "Gold Class" Vinyl/Rubber Protectant and "Natural Shine" Vinyl & Rubber Protectant from the consumer line. I've used the "Natural Shine" product for dashboards and like the results. Also available at Cdn Tire.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Meguiar's "Mirror Glaze" Vinyl & Rubber Cleaner/Conditioner from their professional line of proudcts. I got one years ago at Canadian Tire. Worked well with the MB-Tex in my '84 190D.

Meguiar's also has the "Gold Class" Vinyl/Rubber Protectant and "Natural Shine" Vinyl & Rubber Protectant from the consumer line. I've used the "Natural Shine" product for dashboards and like the results. Also available at Cdn Tire.
Thanks..good old Crappy Tire has it all. Gonna get that Little Green Machine too for the carpets.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts