Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2013 G63 AMG (Past: 2007 G55 AMG)
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a 2007 G55 AMG and I can't find out how to get the grill gaurd lower. I checked the manual and it appears there is a lever that you pull and release it, but I can't find it on the grill. Is this latch a tool that should have come with the vehicle or is this latch on the grill gaurd and I'm just to stupid to find it?

Thanks,
Steve

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Well I guess I shouldn't feel stupid since 176 people have looked at this thread and weren't able to help.

Come on! There has to someone in this forum that know how the lower the front grill guard.

·
Registered
car free, worry free ;)
20 Posts
There is a special key, which I could not find readily available in a wild. There is a picture in the manual.
With little improvisation I have manager, and lowered the grill without the key. (For light bulb replacement on G500)

·
Registered
2010 G55 (past: 2011 Cayenne, 2005 G55, 2005 SL500, 2008 Range, 2006 BMW 750i, 2003 FX35)
121 Posts
were you able to lower it just enough so LED DRLs can be seen thru? Seems like removing it might be the way to go instead of buying the G63 brush.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
were you able to lower it just enough so LED DRLs can be seen thru? Seems like removing it might be the way to go instead of buying the G63 brush.
Yea, the only way to actually see the LED running lights would be to remove the brush guard. Otherwise, you can't even see them unless you're two feet away from the truck. I will eventually probably just get the aftermarket G63 front bumper and lose the brush guard. Unless I can find a G63 brush guard for sale, which I haven't been able to find anywhere.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Best solution perhaps?

My G500 came without brush guard and frankly I prefer the look that way. Got into a minor fender bender but without the protection the damage was expensive (thank you insurance!). Decided to install a guard but the bodyshop removed the headlight chrome bits and painted the pillars in body colour. The result for me is prefect!

Attachments

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On another note, I now have a 2007 brush guard FOR SALE. It's in perfect condition, no dings, chips, etc... It was recently powder coated about a month ago in Satin black and looks great.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts