Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Time for another question I'm afraid.

How do people route hot air from the front, into the rear when carrying passengers?

I currently only have a 2 bench seat in the rear, but hope to remove this and have 5 seats. However, I don't know how I would route heat from the air vents up front, to the rear.

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks

Paul

·
Registered
2000 Vito 110CDI (never should have sold it), Current project 1999 V220 Ambient
379 Posts
I am not sure about the v class specifically but other manufacturers extend ducting from the front along the floor or along the frame work along the edge of the roof to the back.

If you really wanted to go to town you could install a separate heating matrix from a scrappie in the back with its own supply from the cooling system.

Or recommend coats and jumpers for your passengers. On a serious not though. I have insulated the back of my 110 and it gets plenty warm enough in the back once the engine has got up to temperature even without extra heating

·
Registered
110cdi vito 8 seater
66 Posts
Our Traveliner Vito has ductwork extending below the lower front outlets under and over the floor, venting just behind the front seat in the middle. It doesn't work properly since the gear shift cable were changed as the vent is now too short longer to line up properly. Scrapyard may be best bet.

·
Registered
1999 108 Cdi Traveliner, 1999 V220 Cdi, 2003 V220 Cdi
185 Posts
I fitted an eberspacher diesel heater.

Primarily for when I'm kipping in the back but it has the added use of being a heater booster when carrying passengers.

A cracking bit of kit, found on e-bay for about 200 quid.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Cut 2 Holes in the floor and have the Exhaust pipe re routed through inside then back out again! So the Exhaust heat is being transfered inside the cab! a small ducting and Fan system and you have an energy effcient heating system!

:p

1 - 6 of 6 Posts