Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

81 - 100 of 779 Posts

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #81 (Edited)
I claim no expertise in 3rd party COMAND or MB H/U replacements - but a lot of folks seem to like some of the Alpine units. Many posts on the forum compare the two brands. Some folks make tie-in devices to the steering wheel controls - but I'll have to leave that to your own research, or contributions from other forum participants.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Back again,

I checked with MB with regards to the D2B or MOST fiber optic bus in the G500. The MB rep asked if my Command unit was a CD or DVD based unit. In my '05 it's a CD based unit. He said that if it's CD it's D2B. I hope he's right. I ordered the Dension GW500 in the D2B. The Dension web site (http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway500.php) didn't list a U.S. distributor and after a couple of call I was directed to NASS Electronics. I'm not sure if I can post their phone number but if you call the Canadian distributor will can give you the number.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #83 (Edited)
I do know that Enfig (Enfig.com) and Auto Mobility Distribution (Auto Mobility Distribution Inc.) list it on their sites. A Google search may give you even more sources. In addition, forum contributor Rob 13572468 is part of a Chicago shop (Mid-City Engineering) doing custom MB electronics mods, and can get it for you as well. Call Dan at 312-421-1114. You might also want to check posts 9-14 at DENSION GATEWAY 500 for MOST – MENUS in COMAND - MBWorld.org Forums. If I were buying again, I would definitely get the unit from Mid-City.

Also, at one time Enfig had a note that they did not provide all of the input cables for the unit; I don't know if this is still true. The one I got had all of the input cables.

Also, try to get the Version 3 hardware version for the D2B unit, if you can. If Dension implements instrument cluster readout of song titles through the CAN Bus, addition of the CAN tie-in cable and a firmware update would probably be all that's necessary. The Version 1 and 2 hardware won't do it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello again,

In reading the "Voice activated cellular telephone installation" .pdf you linked to in your previous I see there is a part list. Do you have a source you'd recommend for the required installation kit etc.? Do I need all of the p/n's listed in the table?

Thanks again!

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Hello again,

In reading the "Voice activated cellular telephone installation" .pdf you linked to in your previous I see there is a part list. Do you have a source you'd recommend for the required installation kit etc.? Do I need all of the p/n's listed in the table?

Thanks again!
Post #3 above covers your situation. You do not need the voice control unit for any of the options unless you want voice control. If you are going to use a V60s phone, you need all of the other parts (plus the fuses). If you are going to install the V60s cradle and use a Bluetooth puck, you do not need the linear compensator or antenna switch. If you are going to install a Bluetooth phone but need the signal boost of the car's external antenna (through a cradle such as the SmoothTalker device), you will need to add the linear compensator. If you are going to use tele-aid together with any of the options that use the car's external antenna, you need the antenna switch.

Because your car is D2B, you may be able to find many of the parts on e-bay; other than that, see your dealer.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
fernweh,

That's exactly what you need. However, the RAZR cradle will have to be from a 3rd party, such as SmoothTalker. The Bluetooth/cradle combo that AWS sells is for MHI phone systems only.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I could use some help here. I can't get the parts for my '05 G500 cell phone install. M.B. has discontinued them... for a car that only 3 years new! What he heck! I've tried calling my local wrecking yards but guess what the chances of finding a "05 G-Wagon with the cell phone parts are. They seem to be nil. Is there any way to cross reference the parts used for the cell install in a 2005 G-wagon with other models?

On a lighter note I received my Dension kit today.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
I could use some help here. I can't get the parts for my '05 G500 cell phone install. M.B. has discontinued them... for a car that only 3 years new! What he heck! I've tried calling my local wrecking yards but guess what the chances of finding a "05 G-Wagon with the cell phone parts are. They seem to be nil. Is there any way to cross reference the parts used for the cell install in a 2005 G-wagon with other models?
See End of Life for Hands Free Communication System? (Bluetooth upgrade) - MBWorld.org Forums it is likely that the kits, which have a "BQ" part number, are no available; but that the components of the kits, which have an "A" part number, are still available. Ask your dealer's parts guy to do some searching. If he can't help, try Custom Cellular at Mercedes Bluetooth).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordedred the cardle replacxer for me 04-E320 and had the dealer install it. I have a Blackberry Pearl with t-mbile service. The system would recognize the phone and download the phone book. If I dial out, the receiver would hear me but I don't get any sound on the speakers. The service manager insisted that my phone is not approved and I should use one that is. I got home and tried with a Razr that has the same approved software level and carrier and still the same problem. Everything works except the speaker don't (even though the cd player would stop playing). I'm taking it back top the dealer tomorrow. I feel there is a problem with the connections to the speakers. Any advice? (by the way, the dealer admitted this is the forst time they install it !).

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 2005 E320 and I would like to add the phone and ipod. As far as the phone I have no idea what to do first, but I know the cradle is not present, but I hear the 05 should have the pre-wiring. If anyone knows anything please assist and I would even get a RAZR if need be.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just purchased a 2005 E320 and I would like to add the phone and ipod. As far as the phone I have no idea what to do first, but I know the cradle is not present, but I hear the 05 should have the pre-wiring. If anyone knows anything please assist and I would even get a RAZR if need be.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Thanks for everything skylaw, I've just completed the change over from a Timeport to a v60s I have a 2001 ML55 and had to replace the pse and purchase a V60 cradle that was it all less than 300.00 including the V60 phone I got of Ebay. You were right on about everything. Again thanks

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #95 (Edited)
bluesquare357,

See posts 1,5,6, and 9 in this very string. They tell you what you need.

To help you identify what you already have (pre-wire only or a nearly full installation) Figure 32 of the phone bulletin for your car (Phone Bulletins) shows a picture of a device called a contact plate, in the center armrest. If you have the contact plate, you have the necessary phone equipment installed. If your center armrest looks like Figure 26, you need to buy and install the equipment in the trunk and in the armrest.

Whether you need the linear amplifier or the antenna switch discussed in the phone bulletin depends on whether you are going to use pure Bluetooth, or whether you will also connect to the car's external antenna. That is discussed at Post #5.

Once you have the equipment (including the contact plate), you simply decide whether you want a plug-in phone using a cradle; a pure Bluetooth phone with a Bluetooth puck; or a RAZR or Blackberry, using a combination Bluetooth/cradle unit. Be advised, the cradles (bluetooth or not) permit phone charging and connect the phone to the car's external antenna for better reception.

Also, the cradles are for specific phones - i.e., the RAZR V3 cradle will not fit other RAZR models. See the AWS site in the first series of posts in this string.

For an iPod, I don't know if your E-Class can use the Mercedes iPod adapter (my '05 S-Class cannot) your dealer can tell you. I use the Dension Gateway 500, and I'm very happy with it (once we got past the poor installation instructions Dension first published). See http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1319829-gateway-500-most-not-ready-prime-time.html#post2376586 and http://www.benzworld.org/forums/audio-telematics-forum/1344772-gateway-500-menus-comand-firmware-2-0x.html#post2596107 for information on the Gateway 500.

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Thanks for everything skylaw, I've just completed the change over from a Timeport to a v60s I have a 2001 ML55 and had to replace the pse and purchase a V60 cradle that was it all less than 300.00 including the V60 phone I got of Ebay. You were right on about everything. Again thanks
Thank you for your kind comments, and congratulations on the successful installation!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Motorola V3m and bluetooth

Wanting to contribute to this forum I am submitting the following: I have a 03 SL 500. It came from the factory with a Motorola V60 cradle and command. I installed the Mercedes bluetooth adapter puck and am using a Motorola V3m cell phone.

The phone paired with the puck, downloaded the phone book and is working flawlessly. As near as I can tell all functions are available to me.

If I've left anything out that could be of interest to you, please PM me.

Happy Holidays to all....... Dan

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordedred the cardle replacxer for me 04-E320 and had the dealer install it. I have a Blackberry Pearl with t-mbile service. The system would recognize the phone and download the phone book. If I dial out, the receiver would hear me but I don't get any sound on the speakers. The service manager insisted that my phone is not approved and I should use one that is. I got home and tried with a Razr that has the same approved software level and carrier and still the same problem. Everything works except the speaker don't (even though the cd player would stop playing). I'm taking it back top the dealer tomorrow. I feel there is a problem with the connections to the speakers. Any advice? (by the way, the dealer admitted this is the forst time they install it !).

·
W221 & Audio Moderator
10,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
It definitely sounds like an installation problem; I hope the dealer found the problem and got it fixed.

The only other thing I could think of is that items such as voice control feedback, nav volume, and the like are individually controlled. On the off chance, have you tried turning the volume up while a call is underway, and someone is talking?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Looking for best price

Anyone know the best price for these? (used or new):

Vehicle core installation kit BQ 682 0965 consisting of:

1 Hardware kit BQ 682 0462

1 Linear compensator, dual band BQ 682 0829

1 MHI Control module BQ 682 0936

E-Class vehicle completer kit BQ 682 0950 consisting of

1 Contact plate A 203 820 13 11

1 Cable, MOST, w/o voice A 211 540 64 33

1 Antenna switch w/FAKRA connections A 220 827 18 42

1 Panel, mounting BQ 682 0953

1 Bracket, MHI 0743622Z01*

E-Class sedan voice control kit (Optional) BQ 682 0928 consisting of

1 Lever, PTT A 000 545 11 44

1 Cable, MOST, w/voice A 211 540 66 33

1 Control module, voice BQ 682 0929

1 Manual, voice control P-2799-04A

I want to add the phone function to my E320 CDI MY2005 and don't want to spend a fortune.

Thanks! :bowdown:

81 - 100 of 779 Posts
About this Discussion
778 Replies
270 Participants
Skylaw
Mercedes-Benz Forum
BenzWorld.org forum is one of the largest Mercedes-Benz owner websites offering the most comprehensive collection of Mercedes-Benz information anywhere in the world. The site includes MB Forums, News, Galleries, Publications, Classifieds, Events and much more!
Full Forum Listing